Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after several attempts, have finally acquired "the syndrome". The new car is an '85 P-type, Super Deep Red, from Vancouver, BC, Canada with 123800km (77375 mi) on the clock...it has the digital dash cluster, a real nice grey leather interior, black mesh Enkei-type wheels, Nardi leather steering wheel and runs like new!

I'll be looking for some BPUs soon...first on the list won't up the HP, though - needs a new stereo system! I'll be checking out the ICE discussion soon, after I get back from a ski trip this week (no, the Supras stay home!).

Being a Supraholic is fun, but not cheap. :p

Bigger pic at: http://www.malibyte.net/2MkIIs-3-med.jpg

-- Bob --

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still there in the garage, on the other side of the Twopra...can't see in in the pic. The warehouse is now full...no more cars. The Exploder now has to stay outside. Anyone got a line on a reasonably-priced, decent-looking, good waterproof cover for an SUV??

-- Bob --

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Wow! :D

Congrats on the new addition to your garage. As soon as my ummm "roommate" moves herself out of my house, I'm going to start looking for a clean 1986 P-type.

Looks like a pretty car Bob...good job!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Greg G said:
just know that MSS usually leads to a third, and then a fourth "fix"Greg
:shock: MSS is gonna make me get a third Supra. :D :twisted:

·
Registered
520 Posts
:) Its a sweet car Bob congrats on the buy, I have seen your car in person and wished I had US dollars insted of Cnd to have bought it.
That car is in really nice shape, I knew Peter who owned it from new.
He is prob happy to know its in a good home :wink:

I have allways loved the SDR, my favourit, especially with Digital and leather, (man I miss my old one) Anyways Congrats

Love the blue too looks Cool
the red looks Hot.
Dan Robinson

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
From Vancouver? Hmmm wonder how that got down there :wink:

Your pair of mk2s look good together Bob, have fun with the car!

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys...I'm definitely enjoying the car already. I've already begun ordering stuff for it and got the windows tinted yesterday. Dash cover ordered -- that pristine black dash needs a sunscreen. Rabid Chimp intake and LJM strut bar slated.

Next project - stereo upgrade (major - see post in the ICE category) and an alarm system.

Dealing with MSS is fun, but not cheap. :p

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stephen:

There's a guy down here in Simi selling an '86P-type...needs paint, but the interior isn't bad. No dents, 156K miles. Looks like it had an HKS cat-back system on it. I din't get a chance to talk to the guy and look under the hood. I hear he wants $2400 for it...if you're interested, I'll try and get you the phone number.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Bob,

Hmmm. Could be a cool fixer upper I suppose. I'd really want to see some pictures of it before I drive down to look at it.

Doing this is getting very tempting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love the lower mainland

Whenever I drive to the Vancouver, I see so many mk2's. its great... Theres only few here where I live. Whenever I see one it turns my head.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Seeing your pic almost freaked me out, lol. I was over a friends house onetime in simi valley and his dad had a silverish blue supra in the garage, the garage looked exactly like yours. For an instant I was like maybe it's.. nah, lol. You're not too far off. I'm up and over here in Lompoc, I'm like a 2 1/2 hour drive from you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
freaking a. I was just looking at your site that you have listed in your sig and they have to have the same types of houses all over simi right? seriously I could swear that is my brother's wife's mom's old house right across the street. Your house is like exactly where and looks exactly like the house I went to to play starcraft a few years ago. You don't have a son or something named Josh do you? (if I remember his name) I'll have to ask my brother in law if that was his name or if they've moved. Maybe I've just been awake too long. That's freaky.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stephen: I'll have to check if that '86P is still available...maybe I'll run over there this weekend and check, with digital camera in hand....!

Supraa-luva: Yeah, that's me. Actually, Josh is my old girlfriend's kid....she's gone (she's become a wandering gypsy) but I let him hang around for awhile...couldn't put him on the street..I'm not heartless, and he's lived here since he was a little kid. :p

Seamus: Thanks, and hope all's going well with your project car. :-D

-- Bob --

·
Super Moderator
10,577 Posts
Thanks Bob, work is going very well on the project car. Finally getting around to doing stuff on it. I'll be taking a break on it for quite awhile though to do some stuff to the 85. Your taillight should be there this week sometime, take it easy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts