Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Founding Member
6,366 Posts
Dayum! That almost looks like the real thing! I'm impressed (with the photos anyway). If anybody asks, its the Coddington wheels.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
:laugh:

Looking back at the first page, I don't think they changed the size of the wheels at all. Let's go with Coddingtons, at at least 85 LType wheels.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Whaaat why no white? Everyone knows it is the best color for our cars. Science fact. Ah well in for a blue, looks to be the one that best shows off the lines in these pics of our weird boxy cars. Plus it looks a lot like the blue one i've got :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just sign up for the news letters or check their prelease club page from time to time. The mk2 hasn't shown up yet, but the mk4 and Starion are out now and very nice.

I did sign up 2 weeks ago and sent a message too but haven't received anything in the email as of yet. Anyway, I'll keep on checking there site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whaaat why no white? Everyone knows it is the best color for our cars. Science fact. Ah well in for a blue, looks to be the one that best shows off the lines in these pics of our weird boxy cars. Plus it looks a lot like the blue one i've got :p
Would have to agree with you. The white colour is a classic. What about the silver?

The red colour looks really good but I'll also be happy to buy a white and silver if they were offered. Actually, I would buy all three!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I'd have to have a black 85 or 86 AND be able to shrink myself by 97+% to fit in it and drive it like I've driven my full scale one for 33+ years. I know that it's possible to build it this size, or maybe a little larger like 1:10 scale and be 100% functional. It's beyond amazing to see engines that size run and sound like the real thing too! The 2 I've seen were a V12 Ferrari motor and a SOHC 427 Ford motor. But where are all the little people that could truly appreciate something like this hiding? Oh yeah, silly me. They're all hiding in the wallets and pockets of the full sized folks with full sized truckloads of full scale cashola! Nobody prints miniature money just for little people anyway, especially the ones hiding in big pockets!
I too almost thought the model looked real. I prefer to think that those wheels are neither of the ones suggested, but are 16 x 8 and 16 x 10 OEM P type wheels. But if they're not going to make exactly what I want right now, I'll just have to keep dreaming.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Fuck that!!!! Close to $200!!! I'd rather get the ignition models. And I did. I got 2 of them.
Alex, are you talking about these?

http://www.diecastsociety.com/ignition-model-new-toyota-celica-xx-2800gt-a60/

1:43, you do know the scale difference between that and a 1:18th model right? I would think you could get several of them for that cost difference. 1:18ths are never cheap, they are for the avid collector, really important cars only. This qualifies for sure.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Alex, are you talking about these?

http://www.diecastsociety.com/ignition-model-new-toyota-celica-xx-2800gt-a60/

1:43, you do know the scale difference between that and a 1:18th model right? I would think you could get several of them for that cost difference. 1:18ths are never cheap, they are for the avid collector, really important cars only. This qualifies for sure.
Yes, that's the one I'm referring to. But still. They don't even look that detailed in comparison.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It would have been nice to get diecast metal and opening and closing doors at that price, but the 1/18th stuff is always pretty serious money. But its largly about presence over details. Here's a photo to put it in perspective. The car in the middle is 1/43, the big one 1/18 obviously...

I would expect something thats more then twice the size to be around twice the price too. Though, they are not. Those ignition models on ebay seem to range between 115 to 245usd. These LS models at the preorder price are 183usd at todays exchange. Personally, I don't think I could pay over 100bucks for a 1/43 diecast. Even the exorbitantly expensive ones in the same scale that I bought at the Toyota History Garage in Tokyo were about 65 each.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
We need a sticky round up of all models/kits of these cars. Shame the hood doesn't pop on this one, maybe they'll do that eventually though? Still in, exchange rate dropped a bit since this was first posted so the price got even better.

I want to get a tacky one to put under my hood like the baby boomers do. I want the hood to pop, and to put a smaller one that has it's hood popped under the hood of that one, and maybe a micromachines sized 3d printed one under the hood of that one.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Seamus, Gamble is way beyond that. He just (usually) keeps it well hidden. I really think his really sick idea is absolutely brilliant though! It'll be the ultimate optical delusion.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have had the idea tossing around in my head since I got into the MKIIs in 1999 to make my windows look like that. To remove the trim/rain gutter all around and make them flush mounted. Maybe when I have nothing but time and money on my hands, and I'm sure that's a discussion for another thread and another day.

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I think I have most (well, the 4 or 5 I found) of the MKII plastic model kits in 1/24th scale. They used to show up all the time on eBay, but I just checked, and no MKII's.

One of these years I might build one......

- Jim

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I had like 8 of them at one point. It became obvious I was never going to build them all so I sold off several. I still have 4 or 5 I intend to build when my kid is old enough, something we can do together. I used to be into building models, then I got real cars and I don't have enough time to work on those even so all other hobbies have been (probably) permanently back burnered lol.

Thats the best part about these LS Collectibles kits, already assembled! lol

·
Registered
577 Posts
How many people here have pre-ordered one of these 1/18 1984 Celica Supras so far? I ordered one in black. I am hoping they end up making a 1985 version as well. I just received a Viper GTS from them. The quality seems to be fairly good so I have high hopes for the Celica Supra.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I just ordered mine today!

Been putting this off for awhile. The site still says shipping in July and that it's still a preorder item, but more importantly the price is still discounted at 135€. However, I didn't realize till today that that price included the Euro Vat taxes! Here's my actual totals...

Subtotal €111.53
Shipping & Handling €24.71
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) €136.24
Includes tax €0.00
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) €136.24

So current price is pretty much the total with shipping to North America (no options). I imagine will be the same for anyone on this continent (flat rate via DHL). With current exchange it was still like $200 Canadian, so knock off 25% for USD. Also be aware they actually only take PayPal.

Looking forward to this thing shipping! I'll post some pics when it finally arrives.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Anyone got these yet? My order says processing, no word. Shipping was supposed to happen in July, maybe i'm just way down on the list though... I've reached out for an update, we'll see what they say.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts