Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I went ahead and bought one (red, to match my '85, sorta - mine has the black interior). Yeah, definitely pricey but I'm guessing we won't be seeing anything comparable from any other mfrs anytime soon...

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Got the red one yesterday. Mostly satisfied, though you'd think they'd do a better job on getting the interior color scheme right. The model would have looked a lot better with the black interior (like my '85 has). I probably will get the the two-tone blue one as well...going back and forth...148 euros...

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I went ahead and ordered the two-tone blue one as well. WTF, I figure we may not see fairly high-quality models like this again, even though the interior colors aren't quite right.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
What's the detail on the bottom of the car like? I'd hope that for over $150 it would be more than just a flat pan.

I'd like one of these, but yow....they sure ain't cheap!

- Jim

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Not flat, but the model is fixed to the base plate it's mounted on. Can't see much detail. Can see the gas tank and the ass end of the exhaust system. Maybe it can be removed from the base but I haven't tried.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
OK, sounds like the 1:24 scale cars the GM dealerships would get. They looked a lot like an AMT kit, but the hood didn't open, and the bottom chassis "pan" was molded with "some" detail, like an oil pan, 3rd member, etc.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just looked at the site, and the red is out of stock. Black or blue are available. I have recently been restoring some of my '50's Matchbox models that had parts broken or missing. If this model wasn't so costly I would consider buying one and painting it red with grey/black interior to match my car. I guess I will just check the site once an a while and see if the red ever comes back.

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Its all about the size, 1/18th, nothing else to choose from. But the quality of the paint is phenomenal, the exterior details fantastic, and the interior is unparalleled in detail over any other diecast or model kit of our car ever made.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
It only took them six months (!!), but I just got the blue one last week. Now I have a matched set in my display case. They're quite nice, but my only beef is that they could have done a much better job getting the interiors' colors right and doing a better job detailing them (the interiors are monotone). Otherwise, they're very well-done.

20200123_142451.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
It only took them six months (!!), but I just got the blue one last week. Now I have a matched set in my display case. They're quite nice, but my only beef is that they could have done a much better job getting the interiors' colors right and doing a better job detailing them (the interiors are monotone). Otherwise, they're very well-done.

View attachment 13815
Hey Bob! That looks great, love the blue one! Nice that it at least has the right color interior. I will have to keep an eye on this site and see if they ever offer the red with a black interior. I should grab one to go with my black one (which I will one day tear apart and repaint the interior lol)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Only blue left now, would have loved to get it as an unpainted kit, so I'd be able (would have the courage..) to modify it to resemble my silver/dark brown l-type with black interior.
Oh, well.. You only live once.. :p

·
Super Moderator
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Oh yeah. Hmmm, I'll have to bug them again to see if they're going to do another run of the black ones! Still want it with the right interior.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts