Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed: ST springs, Addco sway bars, some PST bushings, and the 3.73s (already had KYB shocks and Tokico struts). I installed them last weekend inside of 12 hours.

The first drive was amazing. I had no idea a MKII with stock rims could handle as well as it does. I can literly get into boost in some corners without losing control. And the ride from the ST springs was MUCH better than I expected. It rides almost stock-like and sits over 1" lower. Now, If I only had some real rims. :)

And, I love the 3.73s which I was previously highly skeptical of. As others have stated, the 3.73 is the correct rear end for a 7mgte powered MKII. They were right. One thing I miss; however, are low-speed 2nd and 3rd gear romps.

I'm really liking this car again. :D

On go the Brembos next weekend.

Later.

-wt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,840 Posts
:banghead: <---- What it's like trying to get Wade to listen somtimes. :wink: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
Nice. Now I know I need to go full BPU to have a chance against you Wade. :rockon:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
does your car with the ST springs still have some wheel well gap in the rear end but sit nice and low in the front? on my car when I installed the st springs it still has damn near an 3/4" to 1" of gap at the rear wheels where as the front sits nice and even with the flare?


WadeT said:
Installed: ST springs, Addco sway bars, some PST bushings, and the 3.73s (already had KYB shocks and Tokico struts). I installed them last weekend inside of 12 hours.

The first drive was amazing. I had no idea a MKII with stock rims could handle as well as it does. I can literly get into boost in some corners without losing control. And the ride from the ST springs was MUCH better than I expected. It rides almost stock-like and sits over 1" lower. Now, If I only had some real rims. :)

And, I love the 3.73s which I was previously highly skeptical of. As others have stated, the 3.73 is the correct rear end for a 7mgte powered MKII. They were right. One thing I miss; however, are low-speed 2nd and 3rd gear romps.

I'm really liking this car again. :D

On go the Brembos next weekend.

Later.

-wt
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,546 Posts
did you say that backwards? Most with the sts, including myself, have the opposite problem, the rear is even with the flares while theres noticable gap in the front.

This pic shows it pretty good...

http://www.pbase.com/image/4527877

If you look carefully at the car though, you will see that the front and rear are actually at the same level, its the front flares that reach up higher on the fender then the rear flares do. I don't understand toyotas reasoning on that one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
:drool: Now thats a nice SDRed supra :drool:
 

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
85TurboMKII said:
does your car with the ST springs still have some wheel well gap in the rear end but sit nice and low in the front? on my car when I installed the st springs it still has damn near an 3/4" to 1" of gap at the rear wheels where as the front sits nice and even with the flare?
Argh! I thought the rear wheels looked a little far in. Perhaps some spacers might fix this.

Dzone: Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,840 Posts
WadeT said:
quick said:
Nice. Now I know I need to go full BPU to have a chance against you Wade. :rockon:
A bone stock MKIV would still probably own it. :lol:

You guys talking about the strip,or a little freeway flying.Quick,you need to go for a "spirited" drive to the mountains with Ophir,he's just about always up for it .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
You're full of baloney and I know it, Wade. :) I've seen your dyno results. :rockon:

Shawn -- Perhaps when I get everything squared away. I'm sure Ophir's car is a beast and a half.
 

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quick said:
You're full of baloney and I know it, Wade. :) I've seen your dyno results. :rockon:

Shawn -- Perhaps when I get everything squared away. I'm sure Ophir's car is a beast and a half.
After a ride in that thing I can say that it pulls like a mother even at only 13 psi. Got a bunch of boosting footage from Sunday but still need a video editing proggie so I can post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,840 Posts
WadeT said:
quick said:
You're full of baloney and I know it, Wade. :) I've seen your dyno results. :rockon:

Shawn -- Perhaps when I get everything squared away. I'm sure Ophir's car is a beast and a half.
After a ride in that thing I can say that it pulls like a mother even at only 13 psi. Got a bunch of boosting footage from Sunday but still need a video editing proggie so I can post it.
Ya 13psi and 5600-5800 rpm shifts are nice and conservative,but fun as hell :twisted: I already told O' that you want a ride with him.Wait for a couple weeks.Trying to setup a dyno day in the next week or so,spend a liitle time on the wideband.Then we can see what 17psi+ and 6200rpm+ pulls are like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
SupraFiend said:
did you say that backwards? Most with the sts, including myself, have the opposite problem, the rear is even with the flares while theres noticable gap in the front.

This pic shows it pretty good...

http://www.pbase.com/image/4527877

If you look carefully at the car though, you will see that the front and rear are actually at the same level, its the front flares that reach up higher on the fender then the rear flares do. I don't understand toyotas reasoning on that one.
I am sure one reason has to do with the front wheels needing clearance to turn, and the rears do not. I need to get some pics of my car with the Eibachs and Bilsteins. The rears flares are actually below the top of the tires, while there is a good 2" gap on the fronts. Looking forward to putting in some 1" spacers in the rear springs, for looks alone!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top