Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you guys start yelling at me for 'quad-posting,' hang on. THIS IS NOT A REPOST!!!!

I'm trying to do something other than whine now... Sorry about earlier posts...

But, in order to restore Prometheus, or use her parts, I need to see what I have left of my original engine and engine bay to salvage. Therefore, I need to figure out a cost-effective way to remove the soot from fire.

http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/...he Fire/?action=view&current=Fire-Engine3.jpg
**Sorry it is the URL, school computers blow and won't copy the Image URL, just the address...**

That is the damage (once again, not a repost) and I need to get all the black off. Example, Suspension Housing. I don't have a sander or anything. I'm looking for something like 409 and a rag, but somethint that works.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
472 Posts
pressure washer?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
One thing to think about as well. How much of the front end was destroyed by the fire. Not cosmetically but strength wise. Heating up metal changes it buildwise. Can't think of the word I am looking for. Some of the front end strength may have been comprimised. Maybe someone will chime in here. The strut mount area is electro welded or spot welded into place. Looks like that area got pretty hot.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Simple Green, Cover the intake and all other 'new' holes, and then Pressure Wash. Will be a nasty job.

PS: I thought we had a conversation about you focusing on school. Do you remember?? Then why are you checking the forum and posting at school. !! Education First !! They'll be plenty of time for the car.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
On the soot, I'd try oven cleaner and a brush (wear gloves and eye protection). Rinse, then follow with Purple Power.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was one class of which I have a good grade in. It is a computer class. I wasn't off task - I was finished...

I am still focusing on school.

Simple Green, Cover the intake and all other 'new' holes, and then Pressure Wash. Will be a nasty job.

PS: I thought we had a conversation about you focusing on school. Do you remember?? Then why are you checking the forum and posting at school. !! Education First !! They'll be plenty of time for the car.

·
Registered
309 Posts
.... uh, is that car like perfectly rust free or something, with the amount of time and money your going to spend on the build is more then a new one. sorry bro but your shit.... is fucked :sadbanana:

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was my plan... Find one that needs minor work like wiring, body, etc. and use whats left of mine for some parts and then give it to someone who needs it here on the forum... I need to clean everything up to see what is still salvageable. I don't intend to drive this poor thing again, unfortunately...

.... uh, is that car like perfectly rust free or something, with the amount of time and money your going to spend on the build is more then a new one. sorry bro but your shit.... is fucked :sadbanana:

·
Registered
309 Posts
damn shame that too, cause it's getting harder and harder to find clean ones, i know I'M not letting go of mine, ESPECIALLY after it's done.

·
Registered
472 Posts
i wouldnt say he is f***ed. anything is fixable.

if you take your time. do the research here on the forum. maybe even get some help from some of the guys on the forum around your area, you can get it done. from the firewall back the car should be fine. need to replace everything related to the suspension, steering, brakes, and engine in the front. there have been worse ones that people have rebuilt.

its your car so do what you want with it. but id just look at it as a perfect time to do an engine rebuild. (or replace) :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have two plans cooking...

1) Buy a parts car (or use mine for parts) and rebuild the remainder. Hope to rebuild mine, it still has memories. Didn't get enough out of it to give up...

or
2) Buy a new-ish one and scrap mine to all of the faithful owners here on the forums.

Lots of people have helped and offered to. I just don't have the money or the freedom as of lately. My grades aren't that good so my parents are up my ass about "Nothing related to cars until grades are fixed." That's where I stand...

i wouldnt say he is f***ed. anything is fixable.

if you take your time. do the research here on the forum. maybe even get some help from some of the guys on the forum around your area, you can get it done. from the firewall back the car should be fine. need to replace everything related to the suspension, steering, brakes, and engine in the front. there have been worse ones that people have rebuilt.

its your car so do what you want with it. but id just look at it as a perfect time to do an engine rebuild. (or replace) :)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts