Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was in the 60's here this weekend, so I fired up my Supra after 4 months of sleeping. Caught and fired up on the first turn. Ran very smooth. WOW! Got my blooding churning. I would have taken it for a drive, cept I only have storage insurance on the car and I didn't want to take the chance.

I took the time to remove the front spoiler from my Kaminari kit. It has some cracks and a big chunk broken off from close encounters of the low-rider kind. The person who had installed it used a mixture of screws and double-sided tape to install it. Took quite a while to get it off. After I get it repaired, I was wondering if I should reinstall it the same way, or if there is a better way to do it. I have heard of molding it into the bumper and fender flares, but how do you do this? Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
If you actually drive the car, and run the risk of smacking it up again (very likely) I would not mold it. If you smack up a molded fascia, it will all crack up and require tons more work to repair. Talk to the body shop, and see if they can salvage/reattach the lip as it was intended to be installed.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Congrats, Chad! I look forward to seeing more pics and dyno numbers later this year.

You've put a lot of time and energy in that baby and it's great to see you enjoy it. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was think about what I would do if it got damaged again. To do a good repair job with fiberglass you really need to have it off the car. I will probably just reattach it instead of getting it molded in. I will definitely post results when I get it on the dyno and to the track. Got the insurance turned on yesterday. The road were a little damp, but I drove it to the gym. Felt pretty good despite the old gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts