Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There sure is alot of good info, plus lotsa fun and friendly folk here. :nutkick:
My first mod thread was supra simple and helped alot and @ no cost! http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=50945.
I'm happy with the results! It's definitely an evolution, with tips 'n tricks, found on CS.com (damn, didn't realize this was such a newb old thread, lol).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
so what do it do? can you walk me through it?
i sure can... pop your hood. look on your throttle body you will see three little hoses coming out near the top take them off and loop them together, shut your hood, go back in and fasten your seat belt put on your helmet ( your going to need it for sure) then take it to the track and killz some HONDUHS. :thumbsup:

...lol dude, seriously :ugh:

·
Registered
440 Posts
The first mods I did that were easy and well worth it were re routing the coolant through the throttle body, get a little piece of tubing and connect the two hoses together so it doesnt run throught the throttle body. it gives you a cooler air charge and you only need it to keep it from icing over if you live in a very very cold climate, and then converting to an electric fan from the clutch fan. These two things dropped 2 tenths in the quarter (granted it was a 17.00, but hey it was stock)
and unlike you guys teasing the gullable about the EGR mod, Im being serious this really does help :sarcasm:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The first mods I did that were easy and well worth it were re routing the coolant through the throttle body, get a little piece of tubing and connect the two hoses together so it doesnt run throught the throttle body. it gives you a cooler air charge and you only need it to keep it from icing over if you live in a very very cold climate, and then converting to an electric fan from the clutch fan. These two things dropped 2 tenths in the quarter (granted it was a 17.00, but hey it was stock)
and unlike you guys teasing the gullable about the EGR mod, Im being serious this really does help :sarcasm:
What I did to bypass the coolant through the throttle body and ISCV is use one of the hoses (the one that goes from the throttle body to the bypass tube around the block), pull it underneath the intake mainfold and twist it and get it to slide over the port on the front side that goes into the manifold and head. Here's a picture...

There's no additional stress on the hose, so there shouldn't be any problems with doing this mod in this way! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yours has a cupholder???!!!! :whutthefu

We've been shanghaied :!:

Gage, try a different shift point. If you're usually in third at 40-45, either run second out a little longer or upshift to fourth, and see if the noise persists. Methinks you'll find it's drivetrain/suspension/wheel/tire/cupholder related. Good luck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts