Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey there,
My name is kevin and this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. start off with a little background. im 23 years old, i've been a machinist for 5 years, this is my fourth car that i've owned, and i bought my first house in may of 2009.my father was a master mechanic, so you can kinda get the idea of my love for cars.

my first car was a 1970 camaro that while i was planning a baldwin motion replica, the frame rusted out.had it for 6 years in florida, no ac, no heat, manual brakes. but boy would it move.

When it broke i sold it to my mechanic because it was his wife's favorite car. and so i bought my mom's 94 325ic. i just rebuilt the front end, coil overs, and rims.179,000 miles and going strong.

third car was a 1977 280z that my 1uz was originally going into. custom wide body gnose. well, to be blunt i was ripped off.i removed what i could and junked that heap o crap.

and lastly, my 1984 white hardtop p type. i've been looking for a while and this car was in front of a house when i happened to drive by. i thought nothing of it because i still had the z.flash forward 6 months later, i've decided to junk the z and look for a supra. i was with my buddy when we drove by the house with the supra and he convinced me to talk to the owner. he wasnt home so i left a note. a week later i received a phone call.another week went by and i payed 600 for this car non running. it needed a new fuel pump and battery to run. and he even gave me another fuel pump! the car had sat for 6 years, but it started up after the pump swap and starter fluid.but that engine was done.
so, that brings me to this. i have my 1uz, my mounts are almost done, and i just got my bonus so i can buy some more parts :naughty:here's a few pics for you guys because i know how you get upset with out them.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Very nice, and welcome to the forum. I'm not sure where Dunedin, FL is but we have some serious members in FL. So if you need help, I'm sure they will be more than happy to help. Keep us updated on the build/swap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the friendly replies. dunedin is close to tampa.i saw the vid of someones 2jz swap that lives in tampa and that car is nuts!

my buddy is turbocharging his sc400, so while we're putting my 1uz in, we're test fitting his turbos at the same time.i dont think it will be as good at his 2jz swap, but good enough for me.

·
Registered
456 Posts
kev, i think we are gonna get along just fine.
Hit me up if you need any thing.
so far ive gotten my 1uz adapter plates 50% of the way fabbed,
my mounts are cut just waiting for the engine to show so i can weld them,
and today i will be cutting my exhaust flanges.
and be sure to check out my build/start a build thread of your own.
http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=51601
Id love to see your project in action!

·
Registered
471 Posts
niceee! good find man its clean

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, to list i have:
1uz
mk2 and mk3 w58
the mk3 with the auto trans xmember lines up perfectly in an original auto car
1uz bellhousing to w58 trans adapter
i should finish my motor mounts in the next few days
but i am having a damn hard time scraping together some manual pedals.i'll start my build thread once i get the motor in.

·
Registered
456 Posts
well, to list i have:
1uz
mk2 and mk3 w58
the mk3 with the auto trans xmember lines up perfectly in an original auto car
1uz bellhousing to w58 trans adapter
i should finish my motor mounts in the next few days
but i am having a damn hard time scraping together some manual pedals.i'll start my build thread once i get the motor in.
good start...
I know of a car in a yard in my area that has the pedals.
I will see what they want for them and let you know.
What flywheel/clutch set up are you going to run?
wow, your running the MK3 trans? as i recall that has the shifter relocater to move it back a ways?
how much room you have between the cross member and the oil pan?
also, i didnt catch it, your working with a front sump 1uz right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts