Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1984 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello one and all! Very new here and I'd like to introduce myself! Name's Lloyd. And I am from Chicago, born and raised! I finally put in some hard work and got myself one of my dream cars, a 1984 Celica Supra P-Type! Absolutely love this car, but as a Midwest vehicle, it's got it's issues. Main ones seem to be some rusted control arms, no interior lighting whatsoever, and it absolutely hates cold starts, Speedo isn't working, E-Brake isn't working, and fogs seem to be out.

Other than that. Body seems excellent and I'm just in love with it. In a neighborhood full of crossovers and SUVs, my Supra sticks out. I plan on keeping it stock except for some exhaust/Headers work. And it came with no radio period (not even speakers) so I'll probably re-do that as well! I'll be honest, I REALLY need a passenger side window wiper motor, and the door mouldings around both windows as I can't really wash this car without getting some water inside. I think they just got fried with time. 馃様

I've been waiting for account approval for a while and it's given me a decent amount of time to read a lot on here. I wanted to say THANK YOU for being such a wealth of knowledge! You guys rock.

Hopefully we can chat more in the future. But anywho, here's my Car!

Registered
Welcome !
You have all the enthusiasm needed to fix all the little bugs on it.
It does look like a very nice car to start with.
First of all, this is a 1985 model year, (may have been build in 1984), the trunk spoiler differenciate it from the 1984 model.
Weather strips are hard to find, you will have to ask for the people parting out cars either here, or on facebook.

Wiper motor: there is only one for both sides. If your passenger arm is not moving, and driver side is, that means the linkage between motor and wiper pivots is broken. That is accesible through the black vent grils below the windsheild.

No interior lights: Possibly your 'TAIL' fuse is gone, or your dimmer is toast.
the very reffered to on-line Service Manual is at MK2 TSRM On-Line (cygnusx1.net)

There is available on-line the TSRM (repair manual) and the wiring diagram available on line in pdf to download.
The Wiring diagram is just below in my signature.

Registered
1984 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome !
You have all the enthusiasm needed to fix all the little bugs on it.
It does look like a very nice car to start with.
First of all, this is a 1985 model year, (may have been build in 1984), the trunk spoiler differenciate it from the 1984 model.
Weather strips are hard to find, you will have to ask for the people parting out cars either here, or on facebook.

Wiper motor: there is only one for both sides. If your passenger arm is not moving, and driver side is, that means the linkage between motor and wiper pivots is broken. That is accesible through the black vent grils below the windsheild.

No interior lights: Possibly your 'TAIL' fuse is gone, or your dimmer is toast.
the very reffered to on-line Service Manual is at MK2 TSRM On-Line (cygnusx1.net)

There is available on-line the TSRM (repair manual) and the wiring diagram available on line in pdf to download.
The Wiring diagram is just below in my signature.
Hey! Thanks for the response and that awesome manual as well!

When I got the CS, the previous owner had 2. He took the rear hatch off mines and swapped it with his because he wanted the rear wing on his other car. It's an 84, tho.

I'll check fuses when I get it back from the shop. We're trying to figure out the control arms. Would a fuse also kill the Cruise control? The light comes on when I press it, but it won't activate.

Thank you! I'll be on the lookout for the weatherstripping as well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts