Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2428092355&category=43957

advertised bolt pattern is 4x4.5 and offset is +15 on an 8" wide wheel. with some of those standard spacers it might look alright. $600 isn't so bad. i haven't emailed the seller about how sure he is that the bolt pattern is 4x4.5. 4 lug mustangs since the dawn of the 80s were 4x4.25, i thought...

i really like those new "bullitt" style rims that ford puts on their new mustang GTs. i wish i could get some of those for my supra. yes.

shiva

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just remember that after the spacer, you're gonna need new lug studs long enough to reach all the way out of the rim. And general rule of thumb(iirc) is that you want to have 1½ times the width of the stud inside of the lug nut. So, just to guess at this, you'll have to find a stud long enough to go thru the spacer, minimum of about 10mm, then thru the rim, another 18mm, and assuming the stud is a 12mm thick thread, another 18mm for the lug nut. That comes out to 46mm long to be safe on the road. Personally, that's a bit long if you ask me...
The rims do look nice though!
Chris

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
thats for the overall length of the stud. I'm sure those wheels would just bolt up to our hubs and have plenty of thread to be safe without spacers, so you would only need to add studs that compensate for the spacers width. A 10mm spacer is about the max you could go safely, mid 80s toyota truck and landcruiser studs have the same splines and pitch as ours but are 9mm longer. However, I'm sure that 4.5 is an error, mustangs are 4.25

1 - 3 of 3 Posts