Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Again, Not fixable really, tell them the only way you can settle for 950 is if you get to keep the car (cause you can part it out) I personally can use the interior, and the whole running motor.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Whoa, tough hit

If you have access to the tools and have the skills/time, almost anything can be repaired. I'd have to say part it out and find another. Counter the insurance company and get them to up their offer and throw in the car so you can part it out or use it as a donor for another.

How about some history?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I agree with both of the above suggestions. Be persistent and insist that its worth more than $950. Just don't get angry with them.

·
Registered
471 Posts
take the money but tell them you want the car, part it out, if your mechanically inclined and have access to a frame straightener and can do body work i say fix it fix it fix it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
btw the value of the car is worth ~4300 since its a classic if it was in near mint condition near mint. meaning body mint/paint engine cleanish and interior semi decent,
i know this because i just got hit and they gave me 2400! and all i did was rip off a mirror and crack 2 fender flairs and scuff the door up a bit!
but my interior is mint and my exterior was.. besides for all the trim.

You should be able to get far more then 900 bucks man, the body was good looks rust free just needed paint and a hell of a cleaning on the interior.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Take the bid but make sure that includes the buy back price. I tried to get quotes around here last year for my 85. Highest anyone would go was 1000. This was a no rust car. You can find another one around here cheap. Use the 84 for parts and sell the rest.

·
Registered
471 Posts
whattt???!
quotes from your insurance company?
random people?!

this just happened to me like a month ago, and mine was quoted 4300~
that is weird as hell.. maybe its cus there are like none here?.. idk?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback.
I am not mechanically inclined (sadly). But I do know some people who might have the tools and knowledge to fix this but if it's going to cost me more then the car is worth then I might end up parting it out and looking for a new one all together. I'm kind of attached to this car but I don't think this would be a good first project for someone like myself. What do you guys think I could get parting it out anyways? The motors got 180k on it. I think the only things that have been replaced are the clutch, struts, and tires...all the electrical parts are working perfectly. Also, yes I am fighting the insurance company as we speak except they are trying drag this on forever and I'm not since this is my only car and it's parked in my back yard.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Thomas :thumbsup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
damn, id say take the money you wont get 900 bucks from parting it out i can almost guarantee it

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
damn, id say take the money you wont get 900 bucks from parting it out i can almost guarantee it
BS...
I rolled my old 84...I got nearly 1000 out of it and I got to keep my motor.

The near mint interior should bring in good money, the running engine will to...

plus he can take the parted shell in and get almost 200 for just the frame at the steel recycling plant.

If you part it out I will help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah my brothers dog is taking refuge in there from the rain I never let it get that dirty..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I'm waiting on the insurance company to see their next move.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
btw the value of the car is worth ~4300 since its a classic if it was in near mint condition near mint. meaning body mint/paint engine cleanish and interior semi decent,
i know this because i just got hit and they gave me 2400! and all i did was rip off a mirror and crack 2 fender flairs and scuff the door up a bit!
but my interior is mint and my exterior was.. besides for all the trim.

You should be able to get far more then 900 bucks man, the body was good looks rust free just needed paint and a hell of a cleaning on the interior.
I wish I could get 4300 for it. I'd be making over double what I paid for it. As it stands it's 950 and they want the car so I've emailed them over 20 supras I've found on the net equivelant to my car with a minimum of 1500. So I will see what their next offer is. Not to mention their driver hit and ran me and filled a false police report.

·
Registered
471 Posts
BS...
I rolled my old 84...I got nearly 1000 out of it and I got to keep my motor.

The near mint interior should bring in good money, the running engine will to...

plus he can take the parted shell in and get almost 200 for just the frame at the steel recycling plant.

If you part it out I will help you.

really? so a cracked dash, fucked shift knob and steering wheel, broken arm rests on both doors and center console. stained carpets including trunk and seats arent mint interior.. the exterior is were the nice shit was until he got hit.. or hit a pole or w.e happened.

whats left seat shell backings.. and what? door panels.. the panels are stained on map pockets and armrest on door/switch looks broken on pass side.
Sure youll get a little here a little there for stupid shit like wires ecu different plugs and modules maybe sell some extrerior stuff.. but im doubt youll get much. check people who sell shit on here all the time..
EDIT: you could sell the center console from the temp controlls down the black around the radio to the armrest blue looks clean and good.. but gotta find a buyer..

Im not trying to dog your car bro, but think about what is sellable in your eyes then try and add up the prices.. your better off taking the guaranteed cash. I wish it didnt get crashed, it was a perfect project car to have fun with! Would have been great to fuck around with and learn on.

and from a scrap yard your gonna get like 90 bucks.. i highly highly highly doubt 200. i scrapped 2 1985 gts corollas and got 75 bucks a peice after parting them out.

your biggest money maker if your WHEELS! fucking put steelies on that slut let them take it.. and take the 900 and sell the damn wheels.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
and from a scrap yard your gonna get like 90 bucks.. i highly highly highly doubt 200. i scrapped 2 1985 gts corollas and got 75 bucks a peice after parting them out.
im not talking about a junkyard/salvage yard.
Im talking about straight to a metal recyclers where you are getting paid for weight by the pound.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts