Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Do you have new plugs? wires? It soulds like a timming issue thou. Anyone know if you jumped a tooth on your timing belt if it could do this or whould it not run at all?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Firing more than one cylinder at a time.

If your lucky, you might just have micro cracks in the dizzy cap.
Look inside the cap, where the rotor contacts are.
If you see lines going from contact to contact inside the cap that can cause it to run bad and pop when it's under load. Like taking off from a stop.
It will sound fine when first started but gets bad when you try to push the gas to her.

If your not lucky then....
DAMN.
Where to go to next?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
What does the timing gun (light) say? And did you check any of the answers that were told to you when you started a thread a little while ago with this same issue?

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
Yes, Please, Please start another 10 threads about the same issue......Fawkin A Man.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
You know you could have added the video to the other thread.

Also, you still did not say what the timing gun said when you adjusted the timing.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
i started a new thread because this one has a video if you cant handle it GTFO
The problem with your car thru all gazillion threads has been timing. Your questions have all already been answered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
omg will you shut up dude, if it was timing guess what, i wouldnt be posting ... the timing is correct. damn and a gazillion threads more like 6 and 4 of them were about different issues and 2 were about this, so why dont you take your complaining ass and go to someone elses thread.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i wouldnt talk to a respected member on this forum who know more about these cars they you could probably think of. being a asshole to people isnt going to get you anywhere! treat people how you would like to be treated and maybe your answer will come. being a cocky asshole to people will do nothing but waste your time as they will tell you bullshit things to try cause you were a dick.

being a dick gets you nowhere. trust me.

and by watching your video it is obviousely the cam timing. the intake cam is opening up before the exhause is which is letting out the exhaust gasses come out of your intake. if you think the advise people are telling you are wrong. then sell the car and go to a different forum cause acting like this will not get you anywhere on here.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
omg will you shut up dude, if it was timing guess what, i wouldnt be posting ... the timing is correct. damn and a gazillion threads more like 6 and 4 of them were about different issues and 2 were about this, so why dont you take your complaining ass and go to someone elses thread.
You still have not told us what the timing gun said....

That leads me to think that you never used one on the car yet and want to blame the engine running poorly and say it is not the timing, when you have not proved to us that it is not the timing.

In short......USE A DAMN TIMING GUN TO SET YOUR TIMING AND THEN LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. It seems to me, that between the two people I have seen work on your car, both of you have no idea what you are doing and are just poking at the car and moving shit around hoping something would work, and do not tell me any different since I was one of the people that was trying to lead you to the timing issue the first time, and we ended up having to post detailed pictures, and you were still almost lost.

So either you use the damn timing gun and make completely sure that the timing is correct, or you GTFO out of here and let the baseline of the intellect of the forum go up a few bars...........

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok you stupid asshole shut the hell up all you do is ask me about the timing when i previously stated that it was in fact correct... CODY HELPED ME WITH EVERYTHING because he isnt a dick or a douchebag .... he explained the whole process to me over the phone and i got the timing fine.... you act like getting the camshafts on time is a hard process when really its fairly simple... if i didnt know what i was doing with my car i would just let a mechanic do it..by the way ITS NOT THE TIMING.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
There is more than just making sure the camshafts are lined up properly, you still have to use a timing light to time the engine. I never said it was hard to line up the camshafts, it was just beyond your intellect to fully grasp how to do it with out us having to provide pictures and a phone call.

And I keep asking about the timing since you still have yet to tell me what the timing light said, still leads me to believe you did not use a timing light on the engine, until the time that you provide that info, you have lost support for pretty much the whole group.

And maybe you need to take it to a mechanic since you do not know what you are doing, and you have already proved that in more ways than one. I have no probelm retracting my statements when you show me you do know what you are doing and tell us what happened when you used a timing light and what you set the engine at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok ok ok ... lets top this stupid argueing haha, look man im sorry i dont even remember why i got upset with you, it started when carfreek was bieng gay .. but anyways im done ,ma bad... you are trying to help me so i really shouldnt be complaining .... and dude do you have to insult my intelligence on cars ? no im obviously not a mechanic nor do i know any ,however my friends took autoshop for four years and they have taught me everything i know... so no im not an expert because if i was i wouldnt be on this forum but i do have basic knowledge on most of the engine components...... and no we could not use the timing gun because we couldnt borrow it from our nieghbor. So i GUESS the timing Could be off but i have gotten so many damn answers about the sound that i kinda ruled out timing since after I timed the camshafts back up it was running alot better.. i also replaced the spark plugs and that made it WAY BETTER !!! now i know that the fuel line /filter is clogged because when i apply gas its getting alot of air and not enough fuel therefore it starts dying.... plus i have a blown head gasket which im gonna replace in a week , i ordered it just waiting on it to arrive... someone tole me that it could be the head gasket causing the popping, another one said the dizzy cap and so on ...... ill definitely take your answer into account and again im sorry if i offended you or anyone else on the forum the only person that upset me was the carfreek person and then i just kinda flamed ... again my sincere apologies

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
It's all good, I really don't take too much personal on here, plus all of us got our asses handed to us at one point, or many times on here.

I would not do anything/replace anything until you get the engine properly timed with a gun since many of the things you say are going wrong can be connected to the timing being off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts