Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really like black cars and i am thinking of going of flat black with my supra

what do you guys think?

and also i have a question, anyone know of good quality primer?(preferably black)?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rustoleum flat black? hmmmm.... i heard that this paint is hard to sand,like for final details. and can you paint over this if i where to decide to go gloss? or night hawk black!(sick as black)?

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm not sure about if its hard to sand but, if you were to put actual paint over it u will need to sand it i an in the process of finishing my mkii

·
Registered
145 Posts
well my original paint was faded and the clear was flaking all i did was just wet sanded with 3m 400 grit wet sandpaper and got a smooth finish and depends how many coats of primer you put on and that will help remove the imperfections don't rush while you are sanding so you get a smooth finish

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah do your own thing i just saying what i did just wanted help out with prep for primer followed by actual paint good luck man

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok because i fixed a dent and rust spot on my car and i primed the area black, and just decided to paint the whole car. i was planning on sanding the whole car to a smooth finish(400,600,100grit sand paper?) then hit it with a couple of primer coats and wet sanding in between each like 2 coats. then just hit it with that flat black. can you clear coat flat black? without loosing the flat to it? lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, this is my first time completely painting a car, so we will se how it turns out, i will post pics up of the proses on it, but am i on the right track with the sandin?

also i would love to know what type of primer and paint to use. 84celicasupra, the rustoleum just doesnt sound right to me, i want to get actual automotive paint, thnx anyways i really appreciate ur knowledge

·
Registered
637 Posts
SATIN BLACK is what you are looking for :thumbsup:
that's the route am going in my mkII with flat black wheels that are currently silver.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used tremclad semi-gloss for the engine bay. I then painted the car satin black (not the same as flat- hard to explain but its sort of smooth and shiney, without being glossy) with John Deere paint. Yup, the stuff they use to paint atv's etc. Look it up. Its really tough, goes on nicely, and looks very professional when done right. You can ask if you want pics or more info.

·
Registered
637 Posts
^ by five minutes :sarcasm:

·
Registered
145 Posts
dont worry about it supra0524 it made just for steel or any other type of metal u can go wit wat 83zedandsupra and fifthorda

·
Registered
637 Posts
dont worry about it supra0524 it made just for steel or any other type of metal u can go wit wat 83zedandsupra and fifthorda
so what you going tomorrow you cheap ******?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts