Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, just as I am getting comfortable using Flickr to host pics on my posts, they are getting bought by Smugmug? Not sure yet if Smugmug will still be a free hosting site, and how popular they are. Oh well, many folks called this.

Don L.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Interesting. Thank you for sharing this.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Erik I thought we had to have a site like PB, Flickr etc then copy to the forums??

You can always post photos directly to the forum as well! :)

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
Erik, was that a sarcastic smily ?
I don't recall any hosting other than a limited area on the gallery

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Erik didn't mean it in a sarcastic way. Didn't realize that you guys can't actually attach files directly to posts since almost all sites in our network have that ability. Think it's high time we changed that. I'll be turning the ability to upload attachments directly to forum posts on for all users on site

Going to make an announcement about this, along with some basic instructions.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?118034-Announcement-Posting-Images-as-Attachments

Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Holy Barracuda Batman WOW BANG!!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Apparently more practice to get this going.

zo6 effects pic.jpg

Maybe a newer pic.

Ok, going to bed. Try again tomorrow, maybe more tips by then.

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Is it working?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it working?
zo6 effects pic.jpg

Just tried to post a pic in this reply. Not getting to a paperclip icon in the go advanced mode. Went to manage attachments, tried to insert pic into text, looked ok with the file name, but no pic appears. My profile says I'm ok with attachments. Not sure whats up.

Don

·
Administrator
209 Posts
When using the paperclip (attachment manager) you need to click/drag the image into the box below where it was uploaded, and use the "Insert Inline" button to attach the image into the post.

gsxr1.jpg

- JB

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Not working for me.

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
Tanya, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

.....this is what I see when I try to click an inserted picture link in this thread

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
Same for everybody.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
If this becomes as easy as fb, it will certainly help bring back attention to the forum, (and visits, and ads...)

·
Whistles
1,047 Posts
It has been picking up quite a bit recently, I've noticed. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts