Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
P,
I replaced all the fluorescent bulbs in the 4 foot fixtures in my shop with T-8 LEDs a few years ago. And yes, I also rewired each fixture to bypass the ballast, rather than get the bulbs that supposedly can be used with or without a ballast. I don't remember the brand, but they were purchased from 1000Bulbs.com. I am gradually doing the same with all the fluorescent fixtures in my basement as the old bulbs go bad. I don't remember exactly how long ago it was, but so far they all seem to be OK.

Bob

· Registered
488 Posts
Thanks. I'd be inclined to order from their website but they only sell the 8 footers in a case of 10. I need 12 which would mean ordering two cases and having 8 left over. I really don't have a safe place to store the extras. Supposedly a Home Depot some distance from me has some (packaged in pairs) and so I think I'll drive over during the holidays and see if I can get those.
When I ordered my bulbs from 1000Bulbs I also needed 12, and they were having a special sale. Now I see that you can only get a decent price if you order a certain size case of bulbs.
We needed a toilet seat in a color that was not available in the store, so I ordered it on homedepot.com. Came in just a few days with free shipping. Very satisfactory transaction. I would recommend it if you don't want to drive to the store. Unless there is a nearbyTexMex restaurant that you want to also visit!

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts