Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Fog light bulb replacement.

10K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  83zed&supra 
#1 ·
How the hell do you get the things out? Do the lights come out the front or do you have to remove the headlight to replace the bulb? HELP. Yes I am a retard so ya guys have to give me a break... please... :)

#3 ·
Then.... they're H3 bulbs to replace. Pretty easy stuff, and I upgraded mine to 100 watts. Now they are NICE and bright!

#4 ·
Awsome guys thanks... I was thinking H.I.D.'s only because we sell em..... :) Talk about bright.

#5 ·
OOF! I'm not sure how you'd do an HID swap in that little housing. If you figure it out, document everything and post! I'd love to follow suit.

#6 ·
Very easy. the only thing in the housing is the bulb. everything else goes in the engine compartment, plug and play....... Gonna do head lights too....

#7 ·
Classicgarage.com has a great deal on Hella H3 bulbs...

While your at it replace the running light # 194 with amber bulbs to match the turn signals!!

http://www.classicgarage.com/xewhh355wbup.html

and we get 10% off using "supragroup" in the discount code...

Make sure you dont touch the glass part of the bulbs with your fingers, the oil will cause the glass to break when hot....

#8 ·
Thanks everyone

#10 ·
I have H.I.D.'s in everything I own now. nothing like actually being able to see... wheeeeeeeeeee

#11 ·
i only use my fogs, just for the fact that they are low, so they do not annoy people in front of me, i hate the brightness on my rear view mirror at a stop light, so i try to respect others and not use my pop ups, only use them when on the canyon or alone in the freeway/hwy.

#12 ·
yeah me too. I usually drive around in a big billboard so I had my lights aimed so not to offend anyone. when I pull up to a light i shut off the H.I.D'S so i dont blind anyone... I have 60 led's in my park lamps so it's just like having headlights on.

#15 · (Edited)
I dont have any but ok I will go out right now and take some. These things are amazing. 60 LED'S each side. then they switch to yellow when you signal. Crazy stuff but shit cost a ton... look sooooo coool though

Ok you made me go out after dark.. you owe me.
My tow truck with Led's in park lamps 60 of them

With headlamps on HID's

See it did happen.. heheheheheheehe Those park lamps are bright as hell tooooo

#16 ·
I dont have any but ok I will go out right now and take some. These things are amazing. 60 LED'S each side. then they switch to yellow when you signal. Crazy stuff but shit cost a ton... look sooooo coool though
sounds bad ass, thanks for taking pics haha.

#17 ·
First thing I ever had to do to my new toy, almost 5 yrs ago, was replace a fog light bulb...made me not want to work on my own car ever again. I spent 2 hrs replacing the bulb, without removing the grill, and also discovered there is a spring that holds the assembly together that was broken....I have a spring to replace it, but still have not wanted to mess with it. Now the other side has burned out, and I'm gonna have to do it again...anyone else have more tips, for yet another novice, to get the grill off, and put it all back together right...?

#18 ·
The grill should just pop out? not sure, mine was being held by the center screw and two wires in each side, after that there should be a chrome trim holding the fogs in place, being held by two screws on one side, than after removing that they should just slid out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.