Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Toyota Celica Supra P-Type
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some info before bed.
My Dragon is currently getting its control arms replaced thanks to you guys here. But I've got another question. My mechanic said that the fog lights are there, but there are no lights or wiring. Apparently, the previous owner removed it all. (I'm guessing to add to the second car he had...)

So, I ask you. What are you guys currently running for Fogs/DRLs? From what I've seen, the fogs only light up partially when these are normally on. Is there a full conversion?

Ideally, I'd LOVE to have the fogs display light across the entire bulb, and was thinking of putting them in a yellow film because the pop ups are HIDs. But I'd love to know what you guys think I should do or what's the best, brightest, option.

Thanks!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Fog lights are simple:

Light housing -> H3 bulb -> wiring -> relay -> switch

So remove your light:
  • if there's no bulb, add it
  • if there's no wiring, add it
  • if wiring not connected to relay, connect it
Most likely they didn't remove wiring between switch and relay. So all you need to do is replace wiring between bulbs and relay.

EDIT: replaced switch with relay in above procedure. Thx Red!

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
You forgot about the Fog Light relay, on the bottom of the JB2!
Nobody woukd have remove the wires up to back inside the car, they are most probably in the area of the fogs.

Reactions: dannoxyz

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
ChiTown, I have the wiring for the fogs from the harness to the fog lights if needed...

The running lights next to the fogs use #194 bulbs, most of us here use amber ones to match the turn signals.

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
ChiTown and here's the fog light mod to be able to use the fogs only without the head lights on...

Reactions: dannoxyz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts