Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I've been trying to get my fog lights to work, I've already did the mod, checked the fuses, but still nothing, the only lights that will turn on are the small outer ones. Please lmk what else I could do or check!

·
Super Moderator
8,611 Posts
Do they turn on with the headlights on?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not calling you dumb, but are the bulbs burned out? Both of mine were burned out when I got my car. New bulbs and everything worked great now.

·
Premium Member
8,270 Posts
Did the fog lights work before the modification??

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not calling you dumb, but are the bulbs burned out? Both of mine were burned out when I got my car. New bulbs and everything worked great now.
Also while you have bulbs pulled for testing, measure voltage at bulb connectors to verify power is actually getting there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also while you have bulbs pulled for testing, measure voltage at bulb connectors to verify power is actually getting there.
After checking it all, the bulbs work perfectly, power does go through, even after doing the mod. But nothing yet

·
Registered
236 Posts
That doesn't make sense:

1. when you apply external power to bulbs, they light.
2. measured and have power at bulb sockets
3. applying power from bulb sockets to bulbs doesn't light them

There's logic paradox here....

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Yes, but the main fog lights aren't.
Aren't what? and what do you mean by the main fog lights - You have minor fog lights, too? Where?

·
Premium Member
8,270 Posts
And confirm which fog light modification did you perform?

Did the fog lights work before the modification??

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I am sure you know this but the fog lights only come on when the headlights are on low beam.
Unless, of course, he did the mod that makes the fog lights independent from the headlights.
We need to know a little bit about what's going on here to help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts