Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a template for the hole locations used when mounting a Foha hatch spoiler? If not, does anyone have a "routine" they use to get the correct hole locations on spoiler mounting? I don't want to drill a useless hole, and have to tack weld it back shut.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I know that there are some plastic devices that you can buy that are made for mocking up drill locations, but i used a homemade method. I used masking tape.

First, punch a hole in a 8-10 inch piece of tape. Apply tape onto spoiler lining up the hole with threaded hole in mounting bracket. Place either double-sided tape or rolled masking tape on the 8-10 inch piece of tape. Repeat for all holes. Place spoiler in desired location. Carefully remove the ends of long piece of tape from spoiler. Add more tape where the edges of the tape meet the hatch to secure locations. Lift spoiler off carefully making sure the tape doesn't lift off the deck lid or hatch. Mark holes with marker or paint pen. Drill desired sized hole. After drilling, be sure to seal bare metal to avoid rust.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good plan, I'll give that a go. The only time I've ever drilled holes for a spoiler was for my sunshade, and even then I had the hatch it came off of, so it was easy to make a paper template of the holes. I appreciate the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts