Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
proposed group buy on Forged Pistons for a 5mgte/7mgte engine... any interest...please let me know. I am currently in the process of getting back pricing from different dealers and have narrowed the pricing down. Could go lower if there is any interest of a group buy... let me know...

Tony

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
interested

will

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
interested... :twisted:

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
Any word back? I would figure upon 10ppl if you got a good deal.

...someone mentioned ~$6xx for pistons, pins, rings direct with a custom compression ratio. If you could match or beat that, you would have some customers on your hands.

--BillyM

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the price range at this time is around $700.00..... heh arron... what about a group buy option.... any flexibility in your price??

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
opron said:
the price range at this time is around $700.00..... heh arron... what about a group buy option.... any flexibility in your price??
I can get a set of ROSS forged pistons to what spec you want and CR and includes the rings, spiral lock and pins for less than $700... I remember I paid about $620.00 on my custom 6M 8.0:1 pistons last year

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have read that stock pistons can hadle up to about 400 hp.. so im wandering if the cost is really worth it....since i probably will not be going over this amount of horse power

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
3000cc MK2 said:
opron said:
I can get a set of ROSS forged pistons to what spec you want and CR and includes the rings, spiral lock and pins for less than $700... I remember I paid about $620.00 on my custom 6M 8.0:1 pistons last year
Now thats what I'm looking for 6m pistons at about 8.0:1 comp. $620 is i really good deal where did you find them?

I don't plan on going much over 300hp my self but I like the extra insurance of having a strong bottom end that I can go more if I want to.

I hope that when this engine is done I will no have to crack open the bottom end for quite some time.

will

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
supra_toy said:
3000cc MK2 said:
opron said:
Now thats what I'm looking for 6m pistons at about 8.0:1 comp. $620 is i really good deal where did you find them?

I don't plan on going much over 300hp my self but I like the extra insurance of having a strong bottom end that I can go more if I want to.

I hope that when this engine is done I will no have to crack open the bottom end for quite some time.

will
I get it directly from a friend of ours who has a shop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts