Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick and Malloy,

Who pays the expenses for setting up and maintaining the celicasupra.com forum? As far as that goes, who paid for the old group list on Yahoo? I belong to a forum for another car (almost exactly the same format as for this one) and the expenses are paid through our annual dues.

Bobby Loughridge

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Hi Bobby,

a. Yahoo is free. Cost the original folks no $ and about 15minutes of their time to setup. It has remained unchanged and largely unmoderated since 1998.

b. I pay for this site. I have had a few generous contributions from members, and I sell stickers to make a few bucks. I havent sold many stickers, so that isnt exactly a notable income.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Support!!!

i'd be willing to donate some through some though pay pal mike...this is worth paying for.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
One option is giving all of the paid members a little 'I paid so I rule' image under their names... that's what they do on clublexus, is300.net etc etc.

That reminds me -- I haven't kicked in this year yet. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mike,

I'd consider buying a few window stickers from you if they are stickers that you put on the inside window. Possibly white??? They'd help us Supra nuts get more attention to the site, possibly new members, cause I know I'm not the only one in my town with a MKII Supra. I can think of 3 other ones around town right now.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
I appreciate the support guys. Chris, that is acool idea. I will approach that if I need it. Things seem to be decent nowadays.

FYI: Im in the process of planning the 2004 cs.com calendar. This is going to be a big show, or no show event. I will come FW with details as I gather them. I suspect they wont be much more $ than the ones Mr Dupler did. When I sell those, I will not make a penny on them, since they will be $20+ to start. I will be happy to break even.

I may even start the clothing line back up again (haha)

:p

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Mike,

I would officially like to offer my expert services of personnel interview to act as a talent scout to model your line of clothing. :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Heheh... just where I was going to start recruiting actually... was thinking that a certain pizza girl would make a lovely CS.com thong model...

:shock: :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
I think the calendar should contain action shots in addition to the still shots.

*whips out the 3.2megapixel camera, polishes stock wheels, washes car, and waits for the roads to get a bit slippery*

--BillyM

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
How about a celicasupra.com forum member's photo contest, must be high enough quality, leave the judging up to a panel of supra lovers (maybe the whole forum). Could save you lots of time running about taking pictures, plus would be cool for people to see a certain car in the calendar, then come to the forum and see the same car in someone's siggy or avatar. Be like, "HEY! thats the guy from the calendar."

--BillyM
(sucker for supra pictures)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Bring digital camera with you. She could be the CS.com cover hoochie :)
Stephen... ya know, judging by the looks of this girl, you could approach her, and say it exactly like that and she would take it as a compliment... Fortuneately, she looks good enough that ya actually kinda like that kinda attitude :)

Hot Women+ loose morals=fun :)

Mike,

Are you looking for show queen-esque quality cars, or would a primered beast romping the hell outta some turns be to your liking?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
<-------not primered either.....yet anyway. Not romping the hell outta anything either... yet anyway. Seems like I'll be romping before i am primered tho... ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
CS.com Photo Contest

I agree with HOT M16 with the contest...... I would start taking pics of my car on this upcoming 2003 Drag Racing Season here in VMP.... and also my friends MK2 Supras

1 - 20 of 41 Posts