Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere on the site i saw a statement that leather seats were not available in the p-type models only the L model.......well my neighbors got one and as of tomorrow it's mine....I 've been in love with this car ever since he bought it 17 yrs ago. No rust garage kept, 150,00o miles all maint rec.from day 1............last Sat i looked out my kitchen window and saw a new Toyota Highlander in the garage and the Supra in the street :shock: ......
I burned the souls off my sneakers running across the street to make him an offer.....b4 the 4sale sign went up.

She's mine now. :D and you folks have a new member to the club.
I'm from the Asbury Park area in New jersey....and look fwd to talking to you all........

Intis......

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Welcome on board. 8)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Glad to have you. Welcome.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Welcome as well.

The Leather option varies here....

P-Type Models.... Not available on the 82's, first year available was 83 & each year afterwards.

L-Type Models. Available from 82 - 84. Have yet to see one on a 85 (have only seen the Cloth variety). The L-Type seats were derrived from the MKI's, Vinyl came on the 79's, 80 & 81 had Leather. Cloth was still the standard interior material.

And... From what I've heard so far, the P-Type Leather was a $600 option...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
sweet... add one more to the fold

welcome!

will

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Thats great that you were able to get one that you know the history and was well cared for. Also good to know it will continue to be cared for and appreciated. Welcome.

Phil D.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yep, my '85 P-type has leather, but over the years it has deteriorated pretty badly. I wish the original owner was cheap and saved $600 as the cloth seems to hold up much better. I am always on the look out for some good condition blue cloth P-type seats. :lol:

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
My '85 Blackpra P has grey leather seats, and yes, they're torn up. Even if they weren't torn I'd hate them still, living in Florida w/ no a/c and leather seats in a black car :?
I'm hoping the blue cloth seats in the Blupra will clean up well so I can transfer them, they also need a few stitches too, but no biggie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts