Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a cracked frame on my 84 mk2 and was wondering if it'd be able to pass new york state inspection if the crack was welded and also what the biggest engine i'd be able to drop into this like what would completly rip the frame after it's welded or what engine would be safe to drop in this i don't want to put anything older or smaller than a 5mge let me know about this problem i have with my frame thanks

Dan

·
Registered
174 Posts
frame? are you sure you're driving a Supra?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
as for engines read around in this forum there are TONS of info on 7MGTE, 5MGTE, 6MGTE, V8's and a couple of 1JZGTE/2JZGTE info but its up to you to read them and ask questions :wink:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
As Dan mentioned.... "Are you SURE you are driving a Supra"??? :oops:

Sorry about that.....

Supra's don't have a "frame" so to speak... The MKII is a unibody construction, thus it does not have a frame.. Like say a 64 Chevy Impala that has a frame underneath the main body.

Where is the crack located at??? Many moons ago, when Aaron Garney still had one of his parts cars (this was a 84 Redpra P-Type), it had a very visible crack on the side of the left front strut tower. Probably could have been easily repaired, but until then, it was not safe to drive..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crack

i am not too sure about where the crack is but when i get the cracked fixed i'll have to have it welded but i was wondering if i'd be able to put the 7mgte engine in my supra or since it's got the crack it may not be the best idea to put a 7mgte in it or should i just put the 5mge in to be safe and then get a diff supra later in life let me know your thoughts on how to fix the crack and also if it'd be safe to drop the 7mgte in the car after i fix the crack thanks

Dan

·
Registered
174 Posts
sorry about that dan, I guess I was kind of rude.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's aight

well i'm just curious as how to fix the crack if it is able to be fixed or do i have to get a new shell for my car

·
Registered
675 Posts
ok, let me get this right, the frame is cracked but you don't know where"
how do you know there is a crack?
i can't see my crack without a mirror butt, I know where it is> :lol:
just an inquiry.
wherever the crack a good weld shop should be able to weld it for you and make everything ok. A can of undercoat and tight lips should then get you past any inspection....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts