Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a short trip today, encountered a late 70's camaro, had traction bars, fairly strong sounding small block, 4 speed. He thought he would try and stay in front of me, I passed him in third gear around 5000rpm, shifted into 4th and walked off from him. I was about 13 miles from my house, when i got there he was a full 3 minutes behind. He couldn't keep up in the curves, suspension too bound up with traction bars etc. He should have left well enough alone, or spent the money on sway bars and poly bushings........

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Hehehe- never know what you'll find in a '70s Camaro. Clunker or killer... looks like that one was somewhere in between. LOL, and I'm thinking he is probably saying to himself 'Well, I'd've beaten that pesky Supra in a drag race!'

And if he keeps telling himself that, he might start believing it. ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
70's f bodies

You have to be careful of the 70's f bodies, I dirt track a 72 firebird formula(355cid, powerglide,can&does turn 7000rpm easily) which could eat a supra alive in the quarter, or top end, but couldn't corner with it unless just turning left.
I always think about that when i pull out to pass one.....

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Nice kill. just make sure he doesnt find you in a straight away

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is arkansas, whats a straightaway?? roads are notoriously curvy here in southwest Arkansas. (also he might find me in my other toy 1950 chevy truck, 370hp 350, muncie m-22, 4:11 in a twelve bolt) The supra has a mean stepbrother to take its slack......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts