Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
bbk kits

raptor racing has bbk kits now you can find it it in the group by section i bought my white line sway bars front and back and the hole exhaust with the poly bushing and t3 plates got everthing but only installed the whole exhaust, headers all the way to the back sounds great and gave me some more power,i will also be getting this kit god willing every one who gets this kit will need 16 inch wheels at least to fit them in.

·
Registered
209 Posts
inner grease seals

Uhm the easiest way to take the inner seal out of the hub is to tke the spindle nut off pull out the outer bearing then put the nut back on the spindle with the hub/rotor still on it then pull real hard and the inner bearing catches the nut and pulls the seal wont hurt the bearings @ all im a technician and thats how i do all the wheel bearings @ work but thtas just a suggestion:suicide::mm_twak:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
^^ roger that.

One needs to file off that "bell" lip on the lower control arm near the ball joint.
If I recall correctly, about 1/16" max. I have a set of rotors that have a nice little score. :(

I think I posted something on the yahoo list eons ago.

Some pics posted here would be useful.

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
^^ roger that.

One needs to file off that "bell" lip on the lower control arm near the ball joint.
If I recall correctly, about 1/16" max. I have a set of rotors that have a nice little score. :(

I think I posted something on the yahoo list eons ago.

Some pics posted here would be useful.

If by "file" you mean "slam the shit out of with a big f'n hammer", then yea...

Haha!

--BillyM

·
Registered
828 Posts
FYI

Front BBK + RCA's + 1.5" Drop = Lower Control Arm, Meet Rotor *SCRREEEEECCCHH*

...I don't know the specifics on what rotors, that kind of thing, but manaul "clearancing" was needed to the end of the control arm.

--billyM
Haha just ran into the same problem installing the BBK. Grinded the lower control arms down and it's perfect. Awsome write-up!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Install the Wilwood caliper on the adapter. Tighten to 30 ft/lbs:
I have a question about the directionality of the rotors. When looking at the rotor, which way should the vents face? Looking at your pics, it looks like yours point towards the rear of the car (when turning in the forward direction, air would be pulled in from the center of the rotor and blown out from the cooling fins/vents at the outer edge of the rotor), or should they face forward (so when turning in the forward direction air is pulled from the outer edge of the rotor towards the center of the rotor)?????

·
Registered
15,021 Posts
i think they pull air from the center. most cooling ducts ive seen aim at the center of the rotor on the back. kinda hard to get air in the rotor from the outside with the wheel in the way.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
i think they pull air from the center. most cooling ducts ive seen aim at the center of the rotor on the back. kinda hard to get air in the rotor from the outside with the wheel in the way.
That's what I thought but I've seen it done both ways, so I just wanted to make sure when I do mine that they're correct.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts