Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passanger side went together very easily. The driver's side strut housing was bent when I got the car. I have a new Toyota complete strut assembly. Now the problem: My new bearing won't fit far enough onto the spindle. Do these things need to be pressed on? The FSM and Haynes comic book make this seem like the 5 minute job it should be, but I've been fighting it for hours. Please give any words of advice. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Since you said one side went together fine, I assume you have some clue as what you are doing. You also mentioned you have a new strut assembly, and that means you have a new spindle ? Get a decent micrometer or dial caliper and measure the dimensions of that spindle, vs your other side. Those wheel bearings should tap onto the hub (the center of the brake disc), tap into place the grease seals, and whole thing just slide onto the spindle. No press should be needed.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but it really shouldn't be that hard, like you said.

Don L.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The bearing should fit easily, if it doesn't you probably have the wrong bearing or the wrong spindle. If you force it you'll have problems, garaunteed.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I just wanted to confirm that something was wrong with this side. I didn't want to drive myself crazy just to find out that the passanger side went together easily because it was worn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts