Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a service to repair bumper covers. Can cracks and tear outs be repaired? I live in Charlotte NC.
Thanks, Frank

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I've seem repaired ones, but your has multiple tears, and seems to also have stretched deformation. I think it is beyond repair.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
That can be fixed if you have all the pieces of it. There are bumper places that repair damaged bumpers and resale them again to body shops. You'll have to find one local to you since shipping isn't practical. Try calling around to some big insurance body shops in the big cities back there. In the bay area its Faith bumper service.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Call a nearby Toyota dealership or any decent body shop and see what they recommend. I've done some work in autobody repair, and have used something called "FUSION" before to fix bumpers (but not as bad as yours) its an epoxy resin bonding agent that can be used as a type of filler that bonds about anything, and be sanded, primed and painted. But you do have to have all the parts and pieces, as its not designed to fill holes, and the bumper needs to be reshapable in order for it to work properly. I would suggest finding another bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts