Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have fitted my 1UZ into my MKii and it is about 2" short. I read somewhere in here that some model Celica shaft can be fitted but cant find where. Does anyone know what it might be or do I need to get a new front section made?
Do I need to replace my 5ME fuel pump - look like the 255lph is the way to go if I do?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I two was told that the celica front drive shaft section, automatic transmission mount, Mkiii supra w58 transmssion shifter housing was a working combo.
Ive been keeping my eyes out for the last few months and havent found a drive shaft yet... I think i finally found one with a burnt up carrier bearing that i can test fit... i will let you know how that goes.

but, rabidchimp will make their aluminum drive shaft to custom lenght for you

any good local shop will be able to lengthen and ballance your current shaft (i got a quote of $100 for mine). This is a good deal considering any one shipping a drive shaft section to you will want at least $30 to do so, plus what ever the sales price is...

yes you will need a new fule pump, The 255lph is what was reccomended to me.
*check my project log*
I just installed my xenocron.com Model XFP-341 255lph pump. Other than a bit of soldering it dropped right in.
I have run xenocron pumps before and never had an issue with them, plus they wont brake the bank....
check it
http://www.xenocron.com/xenocron-25....html?osCsid=af10aaa4b97765d90d835ea1afd3241a

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Can you give some indication of what length you need the new shaft to be? I have 2 different lengths of front shafts here and can check for you if you specify what you need.

Bob

·
Registered
456 Posts
Can you give some indication of what length you need the new shaft to be? I have 2 different lengths of front shafts here and can check for you if you specify what you need.

Bob
the longer one of the two :laugh:

serriously, had i been smart i would have measured mine before i sold it off, but $$$ talks...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one on my Supra now is 20" yoke to yoke. The centre support bearing is on the back end. I need one about 22".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts