Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was wondering if someone could help me with my winter beater body car.
The body is bad like rust in the spare wheel well and that crap. I'm getting the car road worthy for the winter.
And the worst part is the steering. The steering wheel is like 45degrees to the right, and the car is driving in a straight line. And when you look at the front of the car, the right wheel is straight. And the left wheel is pointing out to the right, and has negative camber inwards. Would that be solved by a good wheel alignment, or is it worse?
Thanks for your time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Has your car been in an accident before? Look at your tires to see if there are even wear. Are the front tires the same size? Also look at the tire wear, are they the even or even the same?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know of the car being in an accident, looking at the body, it doesnt look like there is any body creases. The worst on the body is the rust. lol.
Thats a good question actualy, im not even sure if the tires are the same.
My friend is selling his Mk2 to get either a S600 merc or a Monte Carlo. And he is going to give me some really good even tires. So that could be a good start to fixing the problem.
If its not the tires, what's the next thing to look at?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
its probably alignment a good alignment shop can do a Steering Axis Inclination measure to see if it has been wrecked i would just have it aligned they are gonna tell you your wheel bearings are shot and you need tie rods etc etc which could be true but they also want as much money as possible also if there is a major problem they can find them

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Outer Tie rods on these cars are weak-they will bend if you look at em wrong-Id bet that is your problem, damage to that part will affect camber and toe, like yours.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking into the outer tie rod replacements, thanks for the help guys.
Its only going to be like $40 to fix that, but a B*tch to replace lol.
Thanksagain.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Take off your steering wheel and put it back on straight lol

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Take off your steering wheel and put it back on straight lol
NO! Not the answer. Mike's right, usually tie rods get bent. Sometimes a cocked steering wheel is the product of a poor alignment. If you move the steering wheel you get 3 3/4 turns left, 3 1/4 turn right so to speak. Get that car on an alignment rack and it will tell all.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts