Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Can you provide a pic? Or are you asking about an airplane? Supra's did not come with wings at all. They did get spoilers on the hatch though.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
He is from the UK. Over there they call fenders wings.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
I don't know what they call wings, maybe that is where spoiler came from,lol. But they call blinkers, repeaters, and a hood is a bonnet I believe. Also the windshield is a windscreen, license plates are number tags, mufflers are silencers, and last but not least the trunk is the boot. But hey at least the door isn't a jar....

Edit: Added more info.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Repeaters and bonnet makes sense, not sure about the wings though.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yeah - well lame f'king 1st post either way guys ... should know the "culture" of CS to begin with.

·
Registered
629 Posts
"Ugly American"

Dear Damien,
Welcome! Please don't be discouraged from this forum over the ignorance of a few.

Rexgo:
Yeah - well lame f'king 1st post either way guys ... should know the "culture" of CS to begin with.
Dude?! Each time I traveled Europe, I saw the Canadians with the big maple leaf sewn onto the back of their backpacks. When asked why, they always replied, so as not to be confused for American.

The term "ugly American" refers to our ignorance and hubris. We expect the world to speak our language, yet we don't bother to learn theirs. We expect the world to understand and conform to our culture and customs, yet we don't bother to even begin to try to understand theirs.

Stop giving Americans this bad reputation around the world. Try to be a little open minded. "Lame f'king 1st post ... should know the "culture" of C.S."?????

And this is a brother from English-speaking U.K., and you can't even be flexible enough to accept that he may use a different term for flender fare? Are you that redneck?

CelicaSupra.com is a worldwide site, not just in the U.S. Please don't be an Ugly american!

·
Registered
311 Posts
very well put 86SupraFan i couldnt have said it better. This site is supose to be about helping one another threw a common bond of liking a certaint car not about ripping eachother because of small differance im sorry damien you had to read all that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts