Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Was someone looking for the sunroof? It seems to be in good shape, although I have no idea if it works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need fuel tank parts and at least one of the three fuel lines that go from front to back of the car! I could use any extra screws plates, mainly though; the fuel pump hanger assembly. I would consider buying the tank and lines as a whole

·
Registered
22 Posts
I need fuel tank parts and at least one of the three fuel lines that go from front to back of the car! I could use any extra screws plates, mainly though; the fuel pump hanger assembly. I would consider buying the tank and lines as a whole

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I pulled the tank last week and found the fuel level sender very rusted. The inside has some rust but the tank seems solid and may just need a dip at a radiator shop to be usable.

Where do you live - it's impossible the ship these things (HAZMAT).

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
A new find 3/3/20: I was pulling the engine today and found this hiding in the engine bay under the brake booster. Is it the OE unicorn battery hold-down? It has surface rust but is fairly solid. Sandblast and a little paint would make a serviceable part.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I pulled the tank last week and found the fuel level sender very rusted. The inside has some rust but the tank seems solid and may just need a dip at a radiator shop to be usable.

Where do you live - it's impossible the ship these things (HAZMAT).
I'm now needing a new fuel pump hanger or to rebuild/ repair mine. I ruined one of the 3/8 hard lines on mine. I've stripped an incredible amount of rust out of my tank with vinegar and time. I'm gonna end up sealing the whole tank when done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking
1984 Brown Supra with Maroon interior. I pulled it out of the woods in TN and now it's in the Atlanta area. 232k miles, non running and probably hasn't run in quite a while. W58 trans and diff are there although I can't tell of they are in good shape.

Most of the engine and parts under the hood seem in place. Interior is junk. Exterior trim is junk. Hatch is rusted. Mirrors, Fuel tank, left taillight look ok.

Let me know if you are looking for anything. I'll be keeping the rolling chassis and body panels.

Update on parts that get sold
Spoiler, Under-hood fuse box, NOS Mudguard, A/C compressor, Igniter and coil, Door handles, Fan shroud, Hatch shade, Washer fluid bottle, Fusible link, Coolant overflow bottle, Catalytic converter, Mirrors, Antenna, Exhaust midpipe and hanger, exhaust tailpipe, power steering hoses

A new find 3/3/20: I was pulling the engine today and found this hiding in the engine bay under the brake booster. Is it the OE unicorn battery hold-down? It has surface rust but is fairly solid. Sandblast and a little paint would make a serviceable part.

looking for bottom block

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I can't say what condition the block is in, but the engine is out now and sitting in my garage. I also have an engine that I rebuilt a few years ago that has never run (new pistons, rings, rod and main bearings, gaskets, seals).

·
Registered
8 Posts
1984 Brown Supra with Maroon interior. I pulled it out of the woods in TN and now it's in the Atlanta area. 232k miles, non running and probably hasn't run in quite a while. W58 trans and diff are there although I can't tell of they are in good shape.

Most of the engine and parts under the hood seem in place. Interior is junk. Exterior trim is junk. Hatch is rusted. Mirrors, Fuel tank, left taillight look ok.

Let me know if you are looking for anything. I'll be keeping the rolling chassis and body panels.

Update on parts that get sold
Spoiler, Under-hood fuse box, NOS Mudguard, A/C compressor, Igniter and coil, Door handles, Fan shroud, Hatch shade, Washer fluid bottle, Fusible link, Coolant overflow bottle, Catalytic converter, Mirrors, Antenna, Exhaust midpipe and hanger, exhaust tailpipe, power steering hoses

I need the cam timing gear and the crankshaft timing gear for the 5M. Is it possible that you would have those available?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I just removed the engine and I'm sure that the timing belt gears are all still in place. Do you need both cam gears?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
No whiskers, Dash was junk including the vents. Is that the front emblem? I'll check what I have for turn signal lamps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just removed the engine and I'm sure that the timing belt gears are all still in place. Do you need both cam gears?
I would take both cam gears but the most important part is the smaller crank gear. I was surprised that the teeth on these gears are different - smaller, rounder, - than those on earlier 5Ms. Can you give me an idea how long it would take you to get them off to sell, and what you want for them?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I don't have the special tool for the crank pulley, but did manage to get it off without too much bending. I was not able to save the woodruff key that aligns it with the crank. Do you need everything in this photo including the oil pump gear?

I would take both cam gears but the most important part is the smaller crank gear. I was surprised that the teeth on these gears are different - smaller, rounder, - than those on earlier 5Ms. Can you give me an idea how long it would take you to get them off to sell, and what you want for them?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I happened to run across a right turn signal while I was looking for something else. I don't have anything else on the list. $25 plus shipping for the turn signal... it should be small enough the ship via post office.

I don't have the special tool for the crank pulley, but did manage to get it off without too much bending. I was not able to save the woodruff key that aligns it with the crank. Do you need everything in this photo including the oil pump gear?

only the one side amber turn signal?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts