Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Since you asked, this will serve as my 1 month notice. I'll be around as long as I can afford to keep my ride, but not in a Vendor capacity after September.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
OK,,,since I didn't win the bid on the eBay cooling panel, do you have any left?

I think one of your posts said you were down to just a couple.

- Jim

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I think I got the last one...

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Gregg....PM me if you make anymore.

Or if you have a "less than perfect" one gathering dust somewhere. A "Grade A" unit would be wasted on my car!

Thanks!

- Jim

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ask and ye shall receive...in fact I dug two out of the closet:

This one was used as the 1st gen mould. It has excess resin on the face and will need to be block sanded/belt sanded smooth, but it is plane will function as normal:

This was THE first dry carbon fiber cooling panel I ever made. It is bolt-in and not exactly plane. Ray is running the mould that was used to make it:

Plz pm me if interested, cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
I gave my grade "B" cooling panel to ray85p and he LOVE'S it!!!!!
Greg sent it to me and Ray has it now. He bought a nice one from Greg and the old one in on his garage wall. It's a trophy,Ray says.
ALL MK II's need these and I'm not kidding.
Don't work on your car without one,EVER.
I would have bought one of Mr. Whisker ones,but mine is alloy.The water jet guys in Ballard,WA.
Cut mine up for me in 2010.No way, will I sell it.
[URL=http://s514.photobucket.com/user/ddd228/media/Bubble%20wrap/temporary_11.jpg.html][/URL]
I could have waited 6 years.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Right on Dave, your ride is looking good (btw you need a right whisker :sarcasm:)

That's right, Ray got one of the new panels, so by comparison you can clearly see the evolution, non-the-less the early panels are still really nice pieces of made carbon fiber.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
arrived today.

will

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Ok, so I cleaned up one of the panels - block sanded the epoxy, then primed with high build primer, added a coat of high temp, chemical resistant wrinkle paint cured over my BBQ. Now kinda matches the valve covers:

...and the backside - a nice piece of made carbon fiber:

Includes a pair of TeK hood stoppers

$120 shipped :good:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This was the first cooling panel I've done any secondary work to

and even tho paint was a little blotchy (the end of my can), not lookin' too shabby

& drops right in...you got 1st dibs on the last unicorn, Doc! :salute:

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Not to steal the thread but another forums member sells the cooling plate as well, and available...

Raw material that can be painted or coated...

Check it out!!

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts