Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are parts that I've gathered over 6 years that I will never use. If you see anything you need or would like better photos please let me know. Make an offer on anything.

The following parts have been sold and shipped:
Alternators / engine harnesses / coolant and washer bottle / Injectors / Ignitor and coil / signal lights / 6m harmonic balancer / Radiator shroud / one transmission mount / wipers /

Assortment of parts:

6MGE harmonic balancer. This was cracked at the keyway when I found it. If you know anyone who can weld and machine it may be salvageable.

1985 5MGE. Basic rebuild with new pistons, rings, rod and main bearings. Never run, it was a spare that was never needed.

1985 5MGE: Dead

Bellhousing

Fuel tank (WILL NOT SHIP - HAZMAT).

P-type wheels (set of 4)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good morning! If the igniter/coil works on an 85 5mge I would be interested. And the the turn signals too. Are those a couple sets of fuel injectors? Not as familiar with some parts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The turn signals were already claimed.
To the best of my knowledge the igniter/coil is functional. $25 push shipping?
There are 2 sets of injectors - one is OE for the 5MGE and the second set is a higher volume that someone suggested when I started making more power with a 6M Frankenstein. I wish I could remember what they're from. I would sell them all for $25 plus shipping.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just saw the alternators. Are either of the alternators spoken for? I don't need one yet, but that's usually the best time to find some of these things...

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just saw the alternators. Are either of the alternators spoken for? I don't need one yet, but that's usually the best time to find some of these things...
I'll send both alternators for $10 plus shipping

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
HI Revhappy!

I am all in for the following:
2 sets of injectors
6MGE Harmonic Balancer
The two poly reservoirs

Do you have a wiring harness for the engine to CPU 1985 P-type Auto?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Peter!
Damn, missed the injectors! lol
On the dead 5mge, would you sell the throttle bracket on top if it's not too sloppy?
If we were closer I would consider the rebuilt spare to make it my spare!
Hope all is well!

Dave

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Peter!
Damn, missed the injectors! lol
On the dead 5mge, would you sell the throttle bracket on top if it's not too sloppy?
If we were closer I would consider the rebuilt spare to make it my spare!
Hope all is well!

Dave
This bracket? It's in pretty nice shape. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

2 others have already expressed interest in the rebuilt engine. It's tough to ship, though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This bracket? It's in pretty nice shape. Pay for shipping and it's yours.

2 others have already expressed interest in the rebuilt engine. It's tough to ship, though.
It wouldn't be worth shipping for sure, I sent you an email.

Dave

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I had an alternator bracket but I looked through my stuff and it doesn't exist.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Stoopid question just out of curiosity: Will a 1985 engine run in a stock 1982/3 setup?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know that there are a few significant differences between the early engines and the 84-85 version in relation to emissions/electronics. An 85 engine would need the 85 engine wire harness and ECU at the very least.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree. If I remember correctly the 82 ECU is very specific to that year. I had problems with my original one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ok, thanks for the response. Never stop learning. I figured that the essential difference was the electronic spark advance. The Euro versions never had the catalytic converter and thus no O2 sensor that needed evaluation by the computer. Therefore my assumption that the hardware (long block) would be interchangeable.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Solid with no damage. $15 plus shipping?

The hard part with shipping is finding a box. I'll get a quote tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts