Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem came right outta nowhere on this mornings daily commute. Any rpms above 1500 and it's just like someone took the key out of the ignition. It seems like the engine wants to die till the rpms drop to about 1000 when it recovers. Again, try let out the clutch, acclerate and it fuel-cuts again. Unlike actual fuel-cut, the check engine light doesn't come on.

What can it be? A bad fuel pressure regulator? Bad AFM? Bad fuel pump (replaced last summer new- Walbro)?

Thanks.

-wt

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Wade,try and check for codes anyway.Maybe you have a "soft" code.Many times the check engine light does not register anything,but the diagnostic system will anyway.HTH.
Let me know,I''l look at the books later.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
fuel filter?
bad connection to pump?

·
Registered
209 Posts
It could also be your catalytic converter. If the cat starts to disentigrate inside, then it can block your exhaust and your motor will choke as RPM's rise.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’d bet on the fuel filter. It's a real bitch job. unless it's on a lift.

·
BIG BOSS HOSS
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the imput. Still not sure what exactly hopefully the installation of AFPR will fix it (bad stock FPR). If not then it's time to start replacing things like the FP and the fuel filter - both were installed new last summer. Sigh.

Good thing this stuff didn't start happening at last weekends Supra Nationals, lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts