Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can someone please help me with this.

I own a 82 5MGE, on the fuel delivery rack that has the injectors attached, at the end of the delivery rack (firewall end) there is a small connection with a plastic cap and points directly up (verticle). (looks something like the pressure regulator but is smaller). I took the plastic cap off to find that there is a small screw not screwed, into the centre of this connect, but just lays under the cap. I'm sorry it is a bit hard to explain in words.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Another question is, on the EFI intake manifold there is a big plastic screw with a spring on it and is located on top of the EFI intake. What is this for?

Thank you for you help. :oops:

Barnzi

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
The first thing is the pulsation dampener. You can screw the screw back in if you like but not all the way, it will probably come back out again over time they dont seem to want to stay in on the old toyotas.

The white plastic screw controls the idle speed increase when the A/C is on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you

Thanks for you response. One other question is what should the idle be when the AC is on?

Thanks again for you help

Barnzi :rockon:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
SupraWes said:
The white plastic screw controls the idle speed increase when the A/C is on.
If I have no A/C can I remove the screw and just connect the two vacumn hoses? My new strut bar has an issue with this thing. (triangulated)

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Im not completely sure because my 85 does it electronically. But it idles at 900 with the A/C on amd 650 with the A/C off.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't think you can remove that big plastic screw. Maybe you could replace it with a shorter one though....

On the 82's, that big screw controls idle speed at all times, not just with the A/C on.
83 and later Mk2's got an Idle Speed Control Valve, the ECU uses it to control idle speed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It turns out all I had to do was put a big wrench on it and turn it a little bit. Now the bar should clear easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts