·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I actually never clear my photobucket. :) Use that pic, and any other pic I have any time you need. :)
Thanks, I was really surprised it still worked.

What's your photobucket link so I can give a look....I'm sure it's one heck of an album.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clean up your fuel filler 'hose'...I think you'll find it to be a metal tube which is discontinued
I found one at a local salvage yard like the one in the photo above, but the rubber is cracked...thought If I could replace the rubber part, I'd be all set.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Yeah...I guess the 82-84 cars are made like that. Looking back I've never had a fuel tank out of anything but an 85 lol.

Nice to see a replacement for the guys with cracked 85 filler tubes...they are still available at $13.61.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah...I guess the 82-84 cars are made like that. Looking back I've never had a fuel tank out of anything but an 85 lol.

Nice to see a replacement for the guys with cracked 85 filler tubes...they are still available at $13.61.
The one in the photo shown above was new to me as well. I've never seen one like that until Cody showed me the pic, as mine is an 86 and has the newer style pipe. I figured I'd try to get the older style because from what I'm told by many people...the 82-86 tanks are all the same, and I'm thinking the older style will fit my application, be more available, and less $ than the newer style?

If my original pipe is in stock...give me a quote for that one as well, and I'll be purchasing one or the other soon (shipping to 44663), also are the mounting screws a stockable item, or should I just go to a place that sells fasteners and get them.

Thanks for the reply
-Grego

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
The screws are $.74 each (x7)

The tube assembly subs to the all metal one (which is discontinued :eekfacepalm: )

Pretty certain the gasket comes with the new 82-84 connector as I can't find where they list one separately.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The screws are $.74 each (x7)

The tube assembly subs to the all metal one (which is discontinued :eekfacepalm: )

Pretty certain the gasket comes with the new 82-84 connector as I can't find where they list one separately.
I thought the rubber tube with the band clamp on it was also the gasket with the mounting ring attached to it being all one piece (I may be wrong). I separated one from a tank last week and there was no gasket, note how the rubber nubs protrude through the mounting ring...

I'll take the tube and the screws...I'll pm you on this.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No rush on this

Mark, no rush on this, but do you have an approximate on when I can expect to see these parts?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Greg,

I should be receiving it either tomorrow or Monday...ship the next day after it arrives. Thanks!
Cool Mark, was just wondering because I had planned to go to the salvage yard on Friday to get the pipe, and fixing it on Saturday, but if they wont be here by then...no biggy, the car has set for four years...an extra week wont hurt a thing lol. Thanks

-Grego

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn that sucks i just threw my tank and the screws away. i should start keeping things
My garage looked like Sanford and Son...Threw away some Celica parts, but either sold or hung on to the Supra parts.
Wish I wouldn't have sold the 7mgte, and 5mge engine now tho.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ready for install

Have all the pieces now, and ready to install....

Thanks again Mark, couldn't have done it without ya. :good:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts