Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could someone tell me where teh fuel filter is located? I think i found it but would like to be sure. i hae the trsm and a haynes manual but i could not find the location in either book. i am sure there is fuel leaking from the bottom of it from what i can tell.

thanks for the help

jeremy

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
its on the drivers side of the block under the plenum. it is a black canister. has a metal banjo fitting on top and a banjo fitting on the bottom with a rubber hose attached. have fun changing it. btdt.
william

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let em guessit is a pain in the ass to change huh? do i get new fittings if i change it?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I believe you need to reuse the fittings. You do get new washers w/ the filter (at least on the Toyota one you do).

·
Registered
209 Posts
CJSREDPRA is right.

The new filter should come with new copper washers. You need to put the new washers in, but you will use the old banjo bolts.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
When I did this, I got to the bottom banjo fitting from under the car (on jackstands), and the top fitting from above.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Just be careful not to drop those copper rings when your down there. Its a PITA when you drop them and cant find them :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
The next guy who does one should take pictures and post as sticky-Mike

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just got a new filter, havent gotten around to putting it in yet, but Ill get some shots when I do.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I bought a filter from Canadian Tire and it didnt come with copper washers. When I asked if they carried them he said no I would have to get them from the dealer. How much would these cost? I assume it would be a buck or two.
Also...are they actual thin flat washers made of copper or are they a barrel shape?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Flat & thin.

Am curious if they are available seperately. Let us know. (always bought Toyota fuel filters, so they came with).

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I thought they should be flat and thin. The parts person at Canadian Tire tried to pass of brass barrel shaped compression fittings at first.
Every once in awhile I need a reminder of why I dont shop at CT :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts