Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
210cc-250cc-295cc. Depending on how much power you want and money you have to spend. The larger injectors usually need some aftermarket fuel control to tune them properly.

210cc - are available on the early MR2s and GTS Corollas.
250cc - early 22-rte
295cc - non turbo mk3

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi, I have the mkiii turbo injectors. My 85 mkii is not turbo. If I decide put the mkiii turbo injectors in it, will my mkii get any benefit from this?
thanks!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
supraii said:
Hi, I have the mkiii turbo injectors. My 85 mkii is not turbo. If I decide put the mkiii turbo injectors in it, will my mkii get any benefit from this?
thanks!
Without the extra air from the turbo the mk3 turbo injectors will put in way to much gas. Your car will pour out black smoke and your fuel mileage will drop waaaay down and you will not get more power.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Agreed here...

Our ECU's are stuck/programmed to look at the stock 5MGE injectors, which are 182cc's. 7M-GTE injectors are 440cc's. See previous posting, your motor WILL be PIG RICH, IF the motor will even run at all w/o having the cylinders be flooded w/ gas.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
supraii said:
thanks!
You can't even hook up those injectors without a standalone or some serious rewiring. Its the non turbo mk3 injectors that can be used on our cars. One is low impedenace, the other high, can't remember which is which but you can't mix and match the two without some electronic tinkering.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
SupraFiend said:
supraii said:
One is low impedenace, the other high, can't remember which is which but you can't mix and match the two without some electronic tinkering.

All the injectors I listed above are low impedance...including the non turbo MK3 295s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts