Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so now im looking into getting a fuel pressure regulator. rabid chimp man has them but i wanted to know what was the psi rating on the cartech one. like was it 10 -50 psi or what any one know? i just wanted to buy one off of ebay and get it a little cheaper. im going 5mgte thats why i ask and i have 295cc and a walbro 255 pump???

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by 60 psi under boost? do's that mean your fpr gos up to 60psi?

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am running a Cartech RRFPR (Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator). You set the base pressure as the car is idleing. It has a vacume line the connects to your plenum or throttlebody. As boost rises the pressure pushes on a diaphram in the RRFPR and causes a greater restriction in the return fuel line. So I am running ~20psi at idle or whenever I am not making boost and then it rises to ~60-65psi under full boost.

HTH

·
Registered
216 Posts
Damn Mark!! Ive been asking around everywhere trying to find out what the actual rate that the pressure rises: 1psi of boost but havent been able to fin out. I mean you said you were runnign about 10psi right? So if you base is 20 at idle then it rises 40psi that would make the regultor rase the in a 2:1 ratio of perssure:boost.... However did you set the regulator with the vacuum line off of it or with it on, cause with the vacuum line off it will read a bit lower than if it were off (seeing 0 HG vacuum), cause if it sees vacuum it lowers. So if its not to much trouble could you do me a huge favor and take off th evacuum line and see what the pressure is at during idle, then see what the max pressure is and holds at during full boost? Also what kind of fuel pressure gauge are you using? I assume its an electric in car gauge, and i so where did you mount it? Thanks bud,

Austin :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts