Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, after being out of the Celica Supra game for about 4 years, I might be picking up another. It has a suspected bad fuel pump - car cranks over, but no fuel pressure. (Forgot to ask seller where he checked for pressure, but this car is a steal so I don't want to give him any ideas.) It's an '82 P-type. If I end up having to replace the whole pump, how bad of a job is it? I don't remember if there's a tank access panel or not.

·
POTATO
17,326 Posts
82s have external pumps. Takes about 20 minutes to replace :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Going to look at it tomorrow. Boy, I missed this board!

:salute:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes you need to replace your fuel pump by 82s .If your electric fuel pump is not working, is not delivering enough fuel pressure to meet specifications, or is not pumping enough fuel volume to keep up with the engine's needs, the pump may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't forget, just to be on the safe side! If you do happen to change the fuel filter (Which it took me like 12 hrs to replace! PITA), it'll be smart to mount it somewhere else where you can get to it easier in the future! Although the fuel filters are known to exceed the life of the engine! I would mount it a little before to where it is originally mounted! Good luck!

By the way, the external fuel pump is located at the rear by the passenger side near the diff. axle!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would say sounds like a loose connection on the new pump or the electrical connector on the tank lid is loose or has an intermittent connection. As much as I hate to say it. Checking the connection on the tank lid is easy just those three screws and youre there if its one of the wires on the pump you may have to pull it back out and tighten them. I just did that job a month ago wasn't horrible but did take some time as I was being very careful not to make sparks.

Sonoma Resort | stop snoring | hockey fights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts