Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im this close to getting my turbo hooked up but i want to buy a fuel pump. whitch one should i get. i heard that the walbro 255 is the right one for me is that correct. i have the 7mge injectors witch i think is 310cc but im not that sure. any help please. o and im getting a car teck fpr. so hopefully this will be a good combo

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If you want to upgrade, thats the one (assming you dont have an 82, and 83 i think had external pump too, but im not sure). You can find em on ebay all day long for 90-100 bucks.

Christian

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got mine from supracenter off of ebay with install kit for $95 shipped... they shipped very fast and are great to deal with. Oh and BTW, as long as you have teh cartech (or other adjustable reg) then the 255lph will be fine and is a good choice :twisted:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
NoahFex said:
Must you drop the gas tank to replace the pumps on our cars? You needed to on the 2nd gen ford probes which is a car I am familiar with.
well like Christian (Racefiend) said the 82-83 had an external fuel pump, but the 84-86 had an internal fuel pump. Its not that hard to drop the gas tank down (assuming you dont have that much gas on it :wink: )

Hope that helps
someone correct me if I'm wrong, I always dought my self when helping others :oops:

·
Registered
152 Posts
zankone said:
NoahFex said:
Must you drop the gas tank to replace the pumps on our cars? You needed to on the 2nd gen ford probes which is a car I am familiar with.
well like Christian (Racefiend) said the 82-83 had an external fuel pump, but the 84-86 had an internal fuel pump. Its not that hard to drop the gas tank down (assuming you dont have that much gas on it :wink: )

Hope that helps
someone correct me if I'm wrong, I always dought my self when helping others :oops:
The question was whether there was access from inside the vehicle. Because on some cars you can lift the carpeting, remove some covers and swap the pump without dropping the tank (but the pump is still an in-tank pump). On other cars you must drop the tank and then take the pump out.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:doh: Im sorry I suck at explaining thing, Im sure there will soon be others that can explain it better than me

the mk2's that have internal fuel pumps you must drop the gas tank, there is no way in taking out the fuel pump with out dropping the gas tank.

I know what you mean about taking out the fuel pump with out dropping the gas tank :wink:. I helped my friend take out his fuel pump on his probe (4cyl turbo late 80's) all he did was take out his rear seat and you could take the pump out of there (Im talking about the Probe )

·
Registered
152 Posts
zankone said:
:doh: Im sorry I suck at explaining thing, Im sure there will soon be others that can explain it better than me

the mk2's that have internal fuel pumps you must drop the gas tank, there is no way in taking out the fuel pump with out dropping the gas tank.

I know what you mean about taking out the fuel pump with out dropping the gas tank :wink:. I helped my friend take out his fuel pump on his probe (4cyl turbo late 80's) all he did was take out his rear seat and you could take the pump out of there (Im talking about the Probe )
Alright thanks. Ya, I never understood why Ford decided to change the ease of a FP change when they designed the 2nd gens. :shrug:

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
To make things clearer....

Yes, on the 84 - 86 fuel pumps, you DO have to drop the fuel tank to get it out... No other options.

There is a access portal on the right side of the spare tire well, but it's NOT for the fuel pump, it's for the fuel guage sending unit.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Honestly, if I could find a pickup from an 82 or 83, I'd go extrernal on the Blackpra. Never been a big fan of internal pumps. They never seem to last any longer than the extrernals, and they are a about a million times easier to replace...

Just my $.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts