Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I had come across this valve and talked to some other people and have heard a lot of good things about it. I am going to be ordering one for a few of my cars just to save time and and a mess when I change my oil which is at least once a month.

Picture

https://ssl2.adhost.com/fumotovalve/graphics/valve2.JPG

-One Touch Operation

-Reduces Oil Changing Time and Expenses

-Eliminates Stripped Thread

-No More Contact with Hot Oil

-No Messy Hands or Cloths

-Easy Installation

Introducing the best way to change oil, the Engine Oil Drain Valve. Install this valve and you can drain your engine oil without tools and without mess. Just lift the lever of this solid brass ball valve and give it a quarter turn to open it. Return the lever to its original position and it locks closed, double sealed to prevent leakage. The Engine Oil Drain Valve is made of corrosion resistant forged brass and stainless steel. The ball valve design provides a straight flow for efficient drainage and a perfect seal when closed. Frozen drain plug and stripped threads are eliminated forever. Drawing samples for oil analysis is as easy as one-two-three. Sizes to fit all cars, light trucks vans heavy-duty trucks and buses. Also fits RVs, marine engines and industrial equipment.

Picture:
https://ssl2.adhost.com/fumotovalve/graphics/Valve.gif

[He is my reply for a group buy]

Dear Mr. Brower

Thank you for your inquiry of Oct. 13.

We will certainly set the group buy discount for you.
Please use a discount code YM4 for ordering at online store.
Give 10% off at the purchase for you and your members.

Our part#F104(size 18mm-1.5) is the suitable application for
'82-'86 Toyota Celica Supra. The adapter,ADP104 also might be
required for this particular model to install the valve due to the oil
pan design. For the valve installation, the body of valve needs at
least a radius of 1 inch clearance at the base of pan.

We appreciate your interest in Engine Oil Drain Valve.
Look forward to receiving your orders soon.

Best regards,

YM International Company
On-line Dealer of Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
[email protected]

I dont think the adapter will be needed but in a week I could verify this.

Personally everyone I know has ordered theirs with the nipple so all you have to do is hook up a hose and drop the hose into the oil drain pan.

Also I have been told that it does allow all the oil to be removed from the oil pan and that he had verified this by removing the drainvalve only to have a few more drops of oil come out.

Visit the site here:

http://www.fumotovalve.com/

The group buy is good for more than just the supras so order them for your other vehicles as well if your interested.

Just be sure to use the above discount code which is YM4

·
Registered
129 Posts
yea i agree with zank, how far does it drop down? other than that though, it wouldnt be a bad buy, it would be worth it for me

·
Registered
793 Posts
heh, I've got one on my truck and one on my durango! They work great, and depending on which one you get, don't hang down very much.
For the truck, the drain valve is at an angle, so it really isn't too far down, same goes for the Durango.
You can get it with either the 1" long hose nipple or without it, I went with the nipple as my truck is a pain in da arse and gets oil over the lift kit, which drips oil for 3 weeks straight!
I think it's safe to assume the supra would be fine without the nipple as you can drain it without any obstructions to a tray...
I get from time to time 15% discounts from them for buyin' mine, and I'll pass it on to y'all if you're interested...

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am putting my order in so I should have it soon enough to verify everyones questions.

But again I am with Flyin' Hawaiian on this as to the fact that the head of the bolt isnt flush with the pan and that will be removed and replaced with this valve.

Plus the fact that its at an angle i dont think there will be much of a problem at all.

I will post back upon receipt and installation.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's a nice gizmo, as long as it's brand new and clean. But after a while gunk, metal fillings, etc. from within the engine tends to accumulate inside the valve and you don't have as much as a good seat in the valve anymore. The drain outlet diameter is also reduced and it'll take the oil longer to flow out. But the benefits I think outweigh the cons. Won't come in contact with the used oil(carcinogenic), no tools required(you can do an oil change at your aunt's), less wear on the drain threads not to mention the danger of stripping the threads. The last one I think is the most important one.

I used to have the Sure Drain stuff from Walmart, it was nice but it took me a hell of a time to drain the oil, the outlet was pretty small. What I was after for was the gush of old oil as I remove the drain plug, that sudden gush is really helpful because it would carry away whatever sediments and gunk that has accumulated and remained suspended within the oil.

For convenience I think it's not bad just as long as you remove it and clean it like once every 3 mos during the oil change, at least that's what I'll do. As a matter of fact I'm getting one now for the 4runner, no problem with the oil drain plug, it's directly at the very bottom and the oil is only 5w30, not really viscuous, it's almost like water. Maybe I could make an adapter for an old oil cap where I'll bolt on an air tool quick connect and run compressed air into the engine and force the oil out quicker.

What do you guys think? Do you think it'll affect the pcv valves and some other sensors?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just got an email from Fumoto! Here's the code:

Using SVC5 as a discount code, you and your friends will get
15% OFF when ordering at online store: www.fumotovalve.com
This Special Offer is for limited time only. *Expiration: 12/31/03

And as for having a problem with the valve, I've NEVER had a problem with either of the two I own, and have had them for almost 3 years now. The oil flows quite fast, even thru my rubber hose, and I've never had a problem with clogged valves or leaks. The way the valve opens and closes prevents it from ever leaking. The only worry I have is if someone opens the valve while I'm away and I don't notice a puddle of oil under my truck. This shouldn't be a problem on the Supra, but my truck has a 4" lift and 33" tires, and makes it quite easy to just reach under and turn the lever! Luckily, most turds don't even know what these things are, so I don't worry too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts