You probably had a short in the circuits protected by that link. It's designed to melt and fail before more serious damage is done. You'll want to check over the rest of the car, or at least think of anything you might have done to cause the short: moving some wiring around, doing some engine bay work, installing a stereo, or maybe something just shifted (battery, etc). Last time I blew one my battery had shifted from the crappy tie down I was using.
Check out one of the wiring diagrams (many online) for your year to find out what is in that circuit. There are 3 or 4 fusible links--maybe two in the fuse box and a few leading off pos battery terminal, I think. Your 6m jdm engine just bolted into whatever year your supra *celica?* is-- you have with no wiring changes, in most cases, provided all of the egr and engine externals are left in place.
jsn is quick to the draw---the lights are always popping up and down. Check around them for a pinched wire....
its not a supra celica its an 84 celica gt with 6m. but yah there was a wire hanging infront of my oil pan when it hit a curb pulling into a parkingspot and my car instantly shut off and wont start. the pinched wire goes from a little grey box under the fuse box (which i dont know what it is) accross the front of the engien bay and just stops at nothing in the corner (maybe a ground that got pulled lose when i hit?) it was turning over but now when the ignition is turned it doesn;t do anything. there are two more wires that are unhooked... one comes from a ground on the block i think and the other into my dash.
Like most fuses that shi$ the bed, it will have to be replaced. With some luck, nothing is shorted out, just some sort of owie...like piece of metal making contact with power and ground at the same time.
It's not that hard to replace, if you install, and it craps the bed again, you'll have to start tracing wires.
hey thanks man, but i think iv almost got it figured out. got my starter hooked back up... just one of the connections is broken so its barely hanging on there so it had fallen off. but im not getting power to the coil.