Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 85 Supra and trying to fix a few issues.

I searched the forum and believe someone said this yellow fusable link attached to the positive terminal of battery was for the headlights? My headlights work fine, but wondering about the two wires coming out of it. Where do they go? or should they be tied together as shown? should I clip them if they serve no purpose.

Fuse .jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The wire should be a fusible link .3P that is looped which powers the AC condenser motor when ac is running.
If cut no power to motor. That wire is hot all the time and needs to fix with a new fusible link wire if your AC works.
You need to insulate it with tape for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wire should be a fusible link .3P that is looped which powers the AC condenser motor when ac is running.
If cut no power to motor. That wire is hot all the time and needs to fix with a new fusible link wire if your AC works.
You need to insulate it with tape for now.
I apologize for not being more clear and not providing a better picture. I was asking about the two wires coming out of the fusable link.

20210118_091046.jpg

Do they attach to something? or if you or anyone knows the part number or has a spare one maybe I can buy it and just replace this one.

The A/C compressor does not engage (10 amp fuse is good on the passenger side kick panel and light comes on in the dash). The previous owner had a toggle switch inside by the steering column with one wire lead connected to the compressor and the other end was stuck inside the fuse box within the 20 amp wiper fuse leg. I am trying to get away from that since that fuse powers the wipers and keeps blowing.

So I am thinking the wires coming from the fusable link may go to the A/C compressor? or something that kicks it in when I turn it on?

20210118_091109.jpg

Again, any insight or help is truly appreciated.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Everything I explained in my post is correct. The wire on the connector loops from the hot side and goes back in the connector to the fan relay for the condenser fan motor. This wire has nothing to do with the ac compressor.
All the insulation on the bare wires is missing because it over heated. The fan was drawing to much current over the years as they age.

Remove the wire to the compressor and fuse box and find the original one to plug into the compressor from the wiring harness.
Because the way it's wired now the low pressure switch is not protecting the compressor. The 10 amp fuse protects the ac compressor clutch, ac amplifier, car temp sensor and relays.

Maybe it was bypassed due low pressure switch was bad or a break in the original wire to compressor. I would not bypass this, and would fix the problem if you want the AC to work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much and yes I am definitely going to remove wire to the fuse box and the toggle switch in the dash that was rigged and look for the original wire that connects to the compressor. I just hope I can find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts