Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got off the phone with the Toyota dealership since i have been unable to start the car for the last month and the lady on the phone thinks i may have destroyed the fusible link when I put the jumpers on backwards (curse my lack of experience, I'm a computer guy not a car guy) but I'm curious where is this fusible link?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Remove the cover from the fuse box in the engine compartment.
You'll see two sets of wires that jump over from one side to the other.
That's your fusible links.

Be sure to check all ECU/Ignition related fuses, while you are there (just check them all). Also, open up the panel on the driver's side footwell, and check the fuses there as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yea I know those I have played with them

thanks

P.S. yea I have checked all the fuses several times now, they're all fine

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Toyota lady was saying it is a Toyota part... it looks like two ordinary wires

·
Registered
22 Posts
Its a fusible link it will either burn up completely or the interior of it will burn up beyond a certain amperage.. much like a fuse just higher amperage capacity.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Yes, they are not ordinary wires. They have a specific impedance and length so they have the right values as fuses. There are a couple of other threads on this telling you how to make your own - or find them somewhere other than Toyota. but they're not really that expensive so I don't know how much time you want to waste saving a few bucks...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I am not good at making these kind of things I will just buy from Toyota I was just curious.

thanks for all the replys

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently there are 4 different fusible links for the 84 supra... 2 are not longer available and of the two that are there is a yellow one and a pink one

Anyway to know which one I need (that doesn't involve me going all the way back home and checking what is in my car)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry just talking to the Toyota parts lady and I'm just repeating what she is telling me
"there were 4 different choices on that model, but 2 are obsolete and they only stock one type in Vancouver. It is listed as a yellow fusible wire and the other one is listed as pink but that has to come from the USA. So let’s hope if works for you!! It will be here anytime after 2pm today…"

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Sorry just talking to the Toyota parts lady and I'm just repeating what she is telling me
"there were 4 different choices on that model, but 2 are obsolete and they only stock one type in Vancouver. It is listed as a yellow fusible wire and the other one is listed as pink but that has to come from the USA. So let’s hope if works for you!! It will be here anytime after 2pm today…"
The yellow and pink one are in the fuse block in the engine bay, the other two she is talking about were enclosed in a black box that came off of the battery.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhh good good because I have gone ahead and ordered one of each and the yellow one is local so it will be there today and the pink one is from the good ol' U.S of A and will be here Tuesday/Wednesday

again thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I have about 20 or so good sets (yellow/pink) since they are a little bit of a PITA to get a hold of.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
i'm starting with a small fuse and slowly increasing the rating untill i get one to not pop with full electrical load. i'll getting back to it as soon as the salt is gone.

·
Premium Member
7,781 Posts
Fusible link part #s

Yellow 1.0 90982-08125

Pink .3 909862-08211

1 - 20 of 20 Posts