Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall notices for 1982, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/82590508.html

There were no records found for the vehicle as you entered it.
This does not necessarily mean there are no recalls for the vehicle you entered. If you have any questions regarding this information, contact your dealer or the vehicle manufacturer

==============================

Recall notices for 1983, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/83590508.html

Year : 1983
Vehicle Make : TOYOTA
Vehicle Model : SUPRA

NHTSA Campaign Number : 84V108000
Summary :
OIL PRESSURE SENDER GAUGE MAY BE DEFECTIVE. CONTINUED ENGINE OPERATION UNDER HIGH TEMPERATURE AND HIGH PRESSURE MAY CAUSE THE SENDING UNIT TO LEAK OIL OR MAY CAUSE THE ENGINE TO LOCK UP.

Corrective Action :
REPLACEMENT OF THE OIL SENDER GAUGE WITHOUT COST TO THE OWNER.

Recall notices for 1984, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/84590508.html

Year : 1984
Vehicle Make : TOYOTA
Vehicle Model : SUPRA

NHTSA Campaign Number : 84V108000
Summary :
OIL PRESSURE SENDER GAUGE MAY BE DEFECTIVE. CONTINUED ENGINE OPERATION UNDER HIGH TEMPERATURE AND HIGH PRESSURE MAY CAUSE THE SENDING UNIT TO LEAK OIL OR MAY CAUSE THE ENGINE TO LOCK UP.

Corrective Action :
REPLACEMENT OF THE OIL SENDER GAUGE WITHOUT COST TO THE OWNER.

Recall notices for 1985, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/85590508.html

This does not necessarily mean there are no recalls for the vehicle you entered. If you have any questions regarding this information, contact your dealer or the vehicle manufacturer.

Recall notices for 1986, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/86590557.html

This does not necessarily mean there are no recalls for the vehicle you entered. If you have any questions regarding this information, contact your dealer or the vehicle manufacturer.

Please note...service bulletins are "not" recall notices.
They're just maintenance issues for your specific vehicle. The 1983 and 1984 Toyota Supras appear to be the only ones that have specific recalls that will be repaired by the dealer - at no expense to you.

Additionally, this doesn't mean that your Supra is being recalled after all these years...they're just safety repairs that will be taken care of by Toyota.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Nice find........I believe this was also posted on the List a while back...........a very long time ago 8)

Thanks

·
Registered
290 Posts
I got the same info from my car insurance website (Progressive) just a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Can I still drive my 84 into the Toyota dealer and ask for free repair under the recall even it is maybe 20 years too late ??

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
you should be able to, if the recal wasn't done to your car. You can call up toyota, give them you VIN and ask them if the repair was ever done

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
hmm, my oil gauge doesnt work, maybe its the sending unit. i shuld call

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
lol, the go out in cressidas all the time too...i just replaced one on an 87 cressida, because the oil light stayed on all the time but i had good pressure...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
oh for me nothing turns on, the gauge is plain dead

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
#88 TRANS030 FEB 83 A/T - Modifications For Improved Performance
That's interesting... How do I find out more on what is involved with the service bulliten?

...quietly waiting to be told repetitivly in many diffent ways and many different tones to go to a dealer...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
That's interesting...both my Supras are '83's, and both oil pressure gauges are screwy. Maybe that's what happened to my red car, although it didn't lock up as such, as I was able to turn it over right away again.
The gauge in the blue car at one time just totally quit working, too. Then it suddenly started working again.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
OK called Toyota's Main Office and want to add under the 1983 Recall that if your VIN # is XXXXXXXXD0070000 and up you may want to look into your 1983 Supra being one of those that may need the recall done to your Supra but make Sure you call Toyota's main office at 1-800-331-4331 and ask if in fact yours is one of the recalls.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
AX006-99 APR 99 Antitheft - Changes For GBS Glass Breakage System
I never knew the alarm detected glass breakage? I too want to know how to find the info on these service bulletins. I really don't feel like harassing my dealerships :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it is an actual recall, the dealer must fix it , if it is a technical service bulletin, you'll be paying for the repair.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
So there it no time limit on this "recall" fix?
Also do they keep a record of each VIN which has been fixed??

·
Premium Member
7,831 Posts
I'm not aware of time limits for recalls but trying to find recall history on a 20 yr old Supra may be difficult. It depends on the dealer, some have records only for customer cars??

Recalls are generally very specific on the year and vin specific.

Angkistrodon said:
So there it no time limit on this "recall" fix?
Also do they keep a record of each VIN which has been fixed??

·
Registered
722 Posts
To look up a recall, all one has to do at the dealership is to type in the VIN into the TIS website and it will pop back with any applicable recalls. It only takes a minute. It will then come back with recalls and date and dealership it was performed at, so another dealership doesn't accidentally do the recall a second time.

If it is a safety recall, there is usually no time limit. Some recalls have a year and mileage limit. It would be in the link to the recall after typing in the VIN. If you go into a dealership, it is not a big deal to look up a recall for your car. It's not like they have to go digging through 20 year old books or something. Its just a matter of typing in your VIN into the computer. Just bring your VIN on a piece of paper so they don't have to go to your car and write it down.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Heyy guys i went to my toyota dealership and i have never had this done to my car and they were gunna call toyota and see if they still had the part and call me guess wat never got call back and its been about 5 months

but thats all good i just wanna figure out if that is the oil leakage area

thanks,J Squid

·
Registered
63 Posts
Heyy guys i went to my toyota dealership and i have never had this done to my car and they were gunna call toyota and see if they still had the part and call me guess wat never got call back and its been about 5 months

but thats all good i just wanna figure out if that is the oil leakage area

thanks,J Squid
Any and all safetyand manfactory recalls have no time limit unless specified by the parent company it is fedral law failure to comply can lead to shut down of the dealership.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts