Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,522 Posts
IF your dealer will run your vin number they can confirm if the recall was performed, if the data base will go back that far???

The oil pressure gauge in my 84 never moves from zero. I guess its worth a shot to bring it into the dealership lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Below is the interaction I had with Toyota Customer Experience.
Toyota Customer Experience
Customer By Email (argoodlv argoodlv) 11/07/2011 02:40 PM
This is clearly a legal liability and responsibility issue as well as a likely NHTSA issue. It is also
a nonsensical and contra-indicated customer relations "tactic" to discard product safety, customer useful information before the end of the product's useful life.

Please remind management that you are making quality long lasting vehicles which attracts buyers who are paying for that durability. To not properly support your
product's durability says that you don't wish to fulfill the vendor/customer commitment.

There are some 200+ TSBs for my Supras (of which a certain number are safety issues). Some
were issued 27 years after model year. It makes no sense to hide/drop their information from the consumer after 15 years.

I wish to know what they are.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Iam Soo very impressed with your continued conversation with Toyota, that i just had to break down and register just so i could tell you what a BAD *SS you are!! You said it ALL & so eloquently at that!! I am constantly feeling this way about mANy products that are being neglected by their manufacturers and reading this just made those unheard frustrations feel a marked amount of relief... of justification, if you will! This is the stuff that needs to not ever stop there, at a mere customer service rep, but to carry on over their heads to become a catalyst in the operating structure ~~ we NEED MEN LIKE YOU, in cases like this, to make that change!! BE THAT MAN! <3 and thank you!

·
Registered
537 Posts
FWIW I did get the oil pressure sender switch replaced/free in 8/13 on my 84 at a local dealer. So they do honor the recalls even though they may not fully publish. They do have the info internally.
Mine had simply stopped working many years ago but didn't leak.
It was this recall:
Recall notices for 1984, Toyota Supra
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/59/84590508.html

Year : 1984
Vehicle Make : TOYOTA
Vehicle Model : SUPRA

NHTSA Campaign Number : 84V108000
Summary :
OIL PRESSURE SENDER GAUGE MAY BE DEFECTIVE. CONTINUED ENGINE OPERATION UNDER HIGH TEMPERATURE AND HIGH PRESSURE MAY CAUSE THE SENDING UNIT TO LEAK OIL OR MAY CAUSE THE ENGINE TO LOCK UP.

Corrective Action :
REPLACEMENT OF THE OIL SENDER GAUGE WITHOUT COST TO THE OWNER.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I posted this one over a year back, there is also a service bulletin about the fuse box. Toyota realized that they ran too much across the fuseable links

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts