Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
I probably claimed success too soon. It worked fine for a few hours, then got flakey and by the next day, didn't work at all and nothing I tried would recover it. That's what I get for ordering a cheap router. So for a replacement I ordered one that's four times the price and has dual radios, one dedicated for the outdoor antenna and another radio for the two indoor antennas on the unit itself. It arrived this evening so I'll mess with it this weekend.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Well the new Hawking HW2R1 repeater appears to be working. Its designed specifically for the purpose. Even the very good english instructions showed an illustration of a house and backyard shop. I streamed music to my phone and browsed the web on a laptop here in the shop for about an hour. Fingers crossed that it stays working. Now to see about returning that cheapie router...

Discussion starter · #25 ·
I figured that I couldn't do the powerline converter because the two separate buildings are on separate electric meters. BTW, I dropped off the defective router at a Kohls Department Store for Amazon return and they give you a coupon for 25% off anything in the store while you are there. Whoever came up with that idea for Amazon returns is brilliant. I never would have gone anywhere near a department store if not for that, but I needed some new socks anyway.

Reactions: Whitey482
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.