Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was brought to my attention when I was parting out my Supra, that this part has a kink in one of the outlet tubes.

This had to have happened when I replaced fuel pump. I must have been careless with the install and tweaked that outlet.
I've been thinking for a while that this must be the reason why my Supra wouldn't start and I was never able to figure out why. I did practically every diagnostic except fuel flow and fuel pressure and couldn't figure it out.
Edit: I did the FPR flow test where you jump the terminal and listen for flow in the engine compartment. If I recall correctly, there was flow.

I was wondering what you guys think about this and if anyone else has contributed this to their own starting problems.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Banned
137 Posts
Yeah hmmm, How did the fuel pump look when you pulled it out the second time? was anything loose or leaking? Did you already part your car out?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Maybe the kinked supply line created too much of a restriction for the fuel pump. Not bad enough to cause the car to starve for fuel, but enough to overheat the new fuel pump and damage/kill it? Remember, the fuel is already restricted after the fuel rail, when it goes through the metal restriction line bolted to the drivers side of the engine block. That's for failsafe mode if the fpr goes out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe the kinked supply line created too much of a restriction for the fuel pump. Not bad enough to cause the car to starve for fuel, but enough to overheat the new fuel pump and damage/kill it? Remember, the fuel is already restricted after the fuel rail, when it goes through the metal restriction line bolted to the drivers side of the engine block. That's for failsafe mode if the fpr goes out. Just a thought.
Interesting.
I should check the fuel pump then.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts