Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok behind the metal timing belt cover on the back side there is a gasket. It is an odd shape, can some one tell me the name of this gasket? I thought i was supposed to get it with the camshaft housing gasket set but did not. I would like to know the name because all the auto parts stores think i am crazy!!!!! But i need this so i can put my 84 back together. I thought it was going to come with the camshaft housing gasket set but it did not. anyway thanks for the help in advanced

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
you should be able to ask for the upper timing cover to head gasket. It may be that they don't sell that as a single piece, only in the head set. You may need to get that from the dealer.

Christian

·
Registered
257 Posts
are you talking about the oval one between the head and the timing belt housing? I got one with a seal set I got from a Hutchins auto store. I might have an extra one if you cant find one.
Brian

·
Registered
257 Posts
oops... my bad... :oops: I thougt I had one left but I just checked and nothing. I do have the fel-pro part # though. Its tcs45570 and its called a camshaft set. If that tcs # isnt it check ts11860 thats also on the package. You could also use rtv gasket maker I've done that before with no problems.
Sorry :mad: ,
Brian

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
You can get the upper timing cover gasket from toyota for $4 pn 11328-43030. You could always cut your own from gasket material if you have more time than money as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just bought the same gasket on monday from my local dealership, cost me $3.72 :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the $3.72 is what i was told today but he was not sure if we were talking about the same gasket. thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
yeah i was told about that gasket by a technician one time, i got lucky when i changed my cam tower gaskets on my 84. It would have taken me a few more days if i hadn't ordered it all together.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did that come with youir set or did you have to buy it seperate? where did you get your set from?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Go to a toyota dealership and use the part number SilverMk2 posted since I doubt you can get it anywhere else without buying a full rebuild kit. The gasket has a long oval in the middle of it that runs horizontally right? If you still dont trust us you can have your local dealership show you on the microfilm they use, at least thats how they showed me 8)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no i trust you guys but i just want to make sure because the closest toyota dealer is an hour away and i just want to make sure they get the right part. yeah what you described is the one i am talking about. thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I just use RTV on mine it never leaks. Have had that thing off several times to try and stop cam tower leaks. The cam keeps leaking but the timing cover never does, go figure LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts